[GUI][Multi] Ask to join

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Slaneche

[GUI][Multi] Ask to join

Post by Slaneche » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:08 am

Hello.

Context :
In many game multiplayer room they are 1 or 2 players and the others is a Bots for completing the crew. But the host is not against the arrival of other players.

In a "play" menu the others player see : Slaneche's Game W.D. Destroyer 5/5
and i can't ask to join the game despite the good will of the host !

Suggestions :

In a "play" menu make some think like : Slaneche's Game W.D. Destroyer 2 (+ 3)/5

AND

(
Add a button that sends a message in the in-game chat box to warn that someone wants to join the crew

OR

Add a "spectator mode" and grant access to the in-game chat box
)

Sorry if that suggest was already post

Mr n
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: [GUI][Multi] Ask to join

Post by Mr n » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am

I don't know if it were posted already, but it's a simple idea that the game actually needs very much, given the small playerbase.

Personally, for me, it usually looks like this:
1. Search for a Pulsar game.
2. See everyone's full and/or private.
3. Start my own game.
4. Fill up with bots because I need them to do stuff and nobody is coming.

It doesn't take a big stretch of imagination that maybe even most of the "5/5" games are like this - Captain and 4 bots instead of more players.

A simple "A [Player'sname] would like to join" message would be great. To be clickable once per 2 minutes per game or something, so the host knows he could throw a bot out for a second and see if the player is any good and what role do they prefer. A number of bots in () would be great as well, so players would know that "5/5" actually means a full game, while "2 (5)/5" or "2 (+3)/5" means it's not "full" in the meaningful way.

Good ideas!

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 pm

There's a chance we may add a system to designate bots as "fillable roles" meaning they don't appear as a used up slot in the game lobby and can be replaced in the class select menu. I imagine this might be a separate solution to your suggestion. If that doesn't end up happening I'll be sure to pass along this suggestion.

Mr n
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Mr n » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Yours is a solution to more than ours described problems and if implemented would fix more than those, thanks <3!