Buying scrap with credits

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Buying scrap with credits

Post by Kersakof » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Right now, I feel like easier to upgrade ship components are the only way to enjoy this game right now. The experimental components start off too weak, things from the black market are fantastic and all but military grade shields, hull and reactor are more reliable and easier to upgrade. I think a balance to this would be using the end game over abundance of credits for scrap.

I'm going to shoot for 7,000 credits per scrap as a number off the top of my head, and it could be honestly adjusted higher more than likely. I feel like this would make the 'end game grind' for scrap easier for people who just want to do bounty hunter missions/fight drones and be able to do more with their money than buy fuel capsules.

The_Highway_Man

Re: Buying scrap with credits

Post by The_Highway_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Yes, can we please add this? My crew has about 20 hours of grinding for scrap (I kid you not), and while we are making head way on upgrading all our components to max level, as captain I am getting complaints about how tedious it is. Either that or add a way to buy high level end game parts, such as level 10 or 12 parts.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestion!

We had a discussion with the team about this, and we decided to set aside some time to give it a shot. If all goes well, Beta 21.4 should have scrapyard sectors where you can purchase a select amount of scrap. We're interested to hear your feedback about it.

Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Kersakof » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:31 am

Oh I definitely enjoy the system you worked out. It solves the end game 'well I have 8 million credits, now what' problem so much. Especially trying to upgrade that thermo reactor.