Increasing Chaos Level

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Increasing Chaos Level

Post by Kersakof » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 am

While there is a thrill starting up a new ship every time I do everything I plan for (keeper beam, etc.) I do like having one end game ship that's just overpowered as a save. However, once all the sector bosses are killed, there is little to do other than named sectors. Not to mention when you get to the chaos max, people just kill the repair depot and warp gate guards and get a free repair/warp.

I think having a higher max chaos, maybe of 20, would help give some end game without needing to provide extra boss content. It'd also give people a reason not to raise it too quickly or enemies quickly outpace them. Or if they want a challenge, raise it high.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Increasing Chaos Level

Post by Edinstein » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! Raising the maximum chaos is certainly an interesting idea. Admittedly, a lot of the game's systems are built around 6 chaos levels, but chaos is something we'll have to take a closer look at when we turn our focus to balance. Ideally, we want a happy medium with enemy scaling and chaos level, as well as the time it takes to reach the highest chaos level. The game is intended to be played with shorter runs, but the chaos might rise too quickly for some crews at the moment. We appreciate the feedback on it. We do have end-game content planned (the Lost Colony content), which will hopefully also fulfill that end-game experience players are looking for.

solarseven

Re: Increasing Chaos Level

Post by solarseven » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am

How about the nice metric number of 10 in base 10. :)