Option to compare equipment with same level of other equipment

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
solarseven

Option to compare equipment with same level of other equipment

Post by solarseven » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:20 am

It would be nice if there would be an option to compare equipment on the same level.
Sometimes when at a shop it is difficult to compare a level one reactor to a level 5 reactors for example.
Could there be an option that matches the level of the equipment already equip?
And have a toggle to switch the shop equipment compare between its actual level and the already installed equipment on the ship level.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Option to compare equipment with same level of other equipment

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:00 pm

I apologize if I'm not understanding your suggestion, but shops currently offer a way to compare components with those you have installed. There's a compare button next to the buy button on shop menus that compares the stat changes. Let me know if this isn't what you meant, sorry!

Srredire

Post by Srredire » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:00 pm
I apologize if I'm not understanding your suggestion, but shops currently offer a way to compare components with those you have installed. There's a compare button next to the buy button on shop menus that compares the stat changes. Let me know if this isn't what you meant, sorry!
What he means is, if I have a level 10 reactor, and I'm considering buying a different one that's level 1, he wants to be able to compare what the stats for that new reactor would be at level 10, so he knows what the stats would be in the long run and how they stack up to what he has now.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm

I see, thank you for the clarification! That would be a cool feature, and I can definitely understand how it would be useful, but we have a lot of other features to implement that are higher priority right now. It's not likely we would make a system like that, apologies.

If you're interested in comparing components and have the scrap to spare, we recommend making a save, upgrading the component in question, and comparing them that way. Sorry we can't offer a better solution. Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion!