Cheats

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Loupyboy

Cheats

Post by Loupyboy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 am

Hey devs!
So, I heard that lately you've implemented an anti-cheat system... And while that could be good on a PvP title, I think that it could let down the kind of players that simply add SimpleTrainer on solo GTA. It's a CO-OP title.

So I thought that maybe, adding an option to enable it/disable it (as Quake3, Arma3 and many other titles have) before starting/loading a save (kinda like how you'd choose the Ironman mode) could be cool to add if that's not too much of a hassle?

Anyway, thanks for reading and have a nice day!
---Game developer and content creator---

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Cheats

Post by Edinstein » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 pm

We're not against people using cheats, but surprisingly, even though it's a cooperative game, people will still weaponize cheats to ruin other players' experiences. If we offer an option to disable cheats, someone could make a cheat that tricks the game into thinking anti-cheat is enabled, and then harass players who are supposed to be in secure games. While we don't mind that people tinker with the code or that some crews like to use cheats, we're trying to make it more difficult for people who want to troll the players that just want to play the regular game.

It would be nice to have a version of the game without the anti-cheat system for players who want to use them, but the push for more secure games is the priority right now, apologies.