Rework "process scrap"-minigame

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Zirial

Rework "process scrap"-minigame

Post by Zirial » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:53 am

Greetings,

After playing a few hours the biggest annoyance has been the minigame surrounding scrap. It is incredibly frustrating to try and hit that one bar in the middle. It doesn't add anything fun, nor interesting.
As such I would suggest making it the middle bar as is, and in addition the two neighbourgin bars. That way the player has a bit more leeway in hitting.
Since I feel that my explanation leaves a bit to be desired I will try and illustrate.

||||||||||||||||||||| <-- current setup, success depends on hitting the one bold bar.
||||||||||||||||||||| <--suggestion -> success depends on hitting three giving the player more leeway and makes it less frustrating.

Zooltan

Re: Rework "process scrap"-minigame

Post by Zooltan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:14 am

I have experienced sometimes having a small lag spike when doing it, causing me to miss the middle bar. Giving a little leeway would help that.

It might even be part of a game difficulty setting?

Adding to improvements to scrap processing, it would be nice if something was displayed when looking at scrap, after failing 3 times.
It can be confusing why you suddenly can't interact with scrap. Just keep showing the '3/3 failed' UI would fix this.