Things to play with...

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Shieldmountain
Bar Owner
Bar Owner

Re: Things to play with...

Post by Shieldmountain » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 am

Titan wrote:We should get some useless Mass Effect-esque fish!
I liked the ship models you could collect in Mass Effect. And who doesn't want some useless fish? :)

Viggosen
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Viggosen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 am

I'd would love a poker table or something to play with your ship mates

PlasticToyDinosaur
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by PlasticToyDinosaur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 am

Yes, little games like that, and other things like it. Not a full blow poker simulator or any other game, but a little something! Worked in STNG. :D

Something to do, alone and together, however pointless. :lol:
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "Pulsar: Lost Colony"

Viggosen
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Viggosen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 am

maybe a throwable ball. think of the games you and your mates can play :D

PlasticToyDinosaur
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by PlasticToyDinosaur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am

Viggosen wrote:maybe a throwable ball. think of the games you and your mates can play :D
Ah yes, no need to code anything but the ball physics! The game can be anything you think of! Best kind of ideas, these, I think. :mrgreen:
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "Pulsar: Lost Colony"

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 am

PlasticToyDinosaur wrote:Yes, little games like that, and other things like it. Not a full blow poker simulator or any other game, but a little something! Worked in STNG. :D

Something to do, alone and together, however pointless. :lol:

I love StarTrek The Next Generation. My favourite character is Data. :P But Riker, Picard, La Forge, and Dr. Crusher are all some of my other favourite characters too.
The only character I dislike is Wesley. I don't know what it is about him, I just don't like him. :P

The poker matches were always fun. :P

Maybe the crew could actually play for credits. As in, the captain (rather than allowing a particular purchase) would give each crew member a certain amount of money for their own purchases (the captain decides how much money) and if the crew wants, they could use that in their poker matches. :P That would certainly add quite a bit of flavour in my opinion.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

A lot of these suggestions would fall under the "polish" stage of development, most of that happens towards the end nearing the release of the game, but we completely agree! We've been brainstorming a few fun things to do around the ship to procrastinate doing missions or during a longer than usual warp-jump! :)

If we reach the "Advanced Item interaction" Stretch goal, then theoretically all we'd need to do it make a dino model or two and you're set! XD

PlasticToyDinosaur
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by PlasticToyDinosaur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Edinstein wrote:If we reach the "Advanced Item interaction" Stretch goal, then theoretically all we'd need to do it make a dino model or two and you're set! XD
That is not an if statement, it is a when. :lol:

And of course it needs to be at least two dino models. ;)

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Things (in order) of what I'm extremely looking forward too:

1. Robot Foxes
(a lil jump in numbers here)
15649846556595999995321584874545138889954531889545621100048495325^infinity. Advanced Item interaction

Technically advanced item interaction is second on my list, but I had to give a bit of perspective as to what I'm looking forward too. Which is why I had to make advanced item interaction so far down the list from robot foxes, so that people get that robot foxes are what I'm most looking forward too but I also am looking forward too advanced item interaction.

However, I feel that number isn't big enough to show how far down the list from robot foxes everything else is. It should probably be infinity^infinity^infinity^infinity^infinity^infinity; but even that isn't quite big enough.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

PlasticToyDinosaur
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by PlasticToyDinosaur » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Good list. Completely backwards, but good list! :P