Crew Communication

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Viggosen
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Crew Communication

Post by Viggosen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 am

maybe a hotkey system with basic comands for the captain that goes out on the com system?

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 am

wiskeyweasel wrote:
Zukaro wrote:What about text only communications?
(I's shy ;^; I dun liek to use voice chat (plus I'm pretty sure none of my microphones actually work anyways :P))

As well, there needs to still be some way of communicating over a distance. I'm assuming the tricorder like device would allow that however.
What about Text-to-speech communications? Moon Base Alpha anyone?
I don't think I've ever played Moon Base Alpha. But anyways, text to speech often sounds too robotic and mispronounced a lot of stuff. :P But it could work for robawt foxes :3 (except teh robawt foxes ish supposed to sound nawt robotic :p but mehbeh ish an older model, idk :P (people could rp out the reasons for dat :p)).

Unless there's a text to speech program which sounds almost perfect, in which case I've never used it. :p
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I believe the current plan is to support basic voice chat through steam, (Skype, Vent and other third-party methods could easily just be used). We also plan on having a chat box for those who prefer that. We are building a system where people playing as the captain can issue orders to AI quickly and cleanly. This system could also easily be used for other players too! :)

Basically everyone just has a StarTrek TNG Communicator badge for now. XD
We can look into having the voice fade off via distance but it's not on the priority list as of right now! :D