klunky flight controls

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
aaaddd4747
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

klunky flight controls

Post by aaaddd4747 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:19 pm

while the new system is wonderful, and allows me to control the ship far better than before, there are still issues, and a new flaw that i don't think was noticed.

the flaw: it is not possible to roll/turn and translate at the same time when in manual mode, which rather effectively prevents you from making any sharp turns (which may have saved me on a few occasions)
issues that were there before:
the main engines (forwards and backwards) cannot be throttled (without getting out, and changing the power from the engineering console that is). i noticed this became much more of an issue with the latest update, as i found that i was always either too fast or too slow to properly maneuver around without either crashing into stuff, or going flying off into space (which defeats the purpose of hugging close to an object)

no toggle on main engines, the latest update in particular highlighted this one to me, even though i've brought it up before: even though they changed the bind so you can click to move, which is pretty nice, you still have to actually hold a button to do so. and when traveling long distances (which seems to have become a thing in the latest ver (0.30)) it gets tiring to have to hold a button down for what is even at max speed, probably close to a 5 minute journey, if not longer. this is also one of the reasons i previously requested an increase in speed, while combat is now all nice and perdy with its maneuvering and finesse, actually getting from A to B takes time, it makes me feel sorry for those that don't have macros (or weights to put on the button)
ship: OFSS DERPY_PENGUIN