Unofficial discussion #10: The wasted wing

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
EngBot

Unofficial discussion #10: The wasted wing

Post by EngBot » Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 am

Been awhile since I've posted a discussion topic. Sorry about that.

Thoughts on the C.U. wasted wing missions, the bosses inside, the enemies, the area flow, and the difficulty, etc.?
Breaker of all the things

TuftyIndigo

Re: Unofficial discussion #10: The wasted wing

Post by TuftyIndigo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:49 am

The platforming section (where the transit track is broken) is way too fiddly, and it shouldn't be possible to fall off in such a way that you get stuck and have to respawn. Even if you don't get stuck, it really disrupts the flow and pace of the mission.

The Elite Paladin shouldn't respawn. Being after the long platforming section and before the teleporter makes it pretty brutal. It's easy to get split up around that area and if it respawns with only one person there it can be a big problem.

The jumping shadow dude is too easy. A lot of the time it just ignores you and you can walk past. The tension leading up to it is pretty good and I'd like to see the boss fight itself build on that more. Also, it shouldn't respawn either.

My crew found this mission very difficult the first time, but I think it was just too early in the game for us. When we tried it again later with better hand weapons (and a bit more skill from having done more away missions) it was much easier. If the CU long range comms missions were more spread out, this mission would come later in the playthrough and I think it would be a better fit then.