So what are the controls...

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
bobbikus

So what are the controls...

Post by bobbikus » Tue May 19, 2015 6:06 pm

So im new to this game, like three hours of so, and im trying to get used to the game but i find piloting the ships to be very slow and clumbersome. Is is supposed to be slow cause i cant dodge anything. So im wondering what the controls are for the keyboard and mouse, just to make sure im not doing something wrong. i liek exploring my ships to figure out the gameplay features, so when im under attack and alarm sounds, fires break out, thats all fine, but i cannot fly...

So far i figured out on foot controls. my mouse is view, duh, and that i can have my pistol (2) and fire it (LMB), a second one(3) im guessing is to fix things and a third(4) is fire extinguisher.
WASD to move as usual First person view goes and R to use panels, LMB to interact, thats all good an stuff.

But flying my ships? could you guys help out with this? would be great... by the way its dumb but when i figured out how to warp before i can fly it myself -_-

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: So what are the controls...

Post by yacabo » Tue May 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Go to the pilot's panel and press R, this is also how to access the turrets
I love space

bobbikus

Post by bobbikus » Wed May 20, 2015 3:08 am

I know that R is to get into the pilot seats, but what are the controls to handle flying, as in what's the turning abilities and pitch, yaw that kinda stuff. Cause when I hit W to dive, I may as well be a turtle with little to no change in direction.

progress
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by progress » Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am

It's been a little while since I've had a chance to play, so someone might want to correct me if I'm wrong or leave out something important.
Flight controls work like so:
"W" is used to go forwards. Likewise, "S" is used for reverse thrust. The direction the ship points is determined by where you point the mouse. "Q" and "E" are used to roll the ship counterclockwise and clockwise, respectively.

You can also press "X" to switch to a different mode of piloting which may be slightly more similar to what you're used to.

bobbikus

Post by bobbikus » Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm

i wish that was what its like for me, cause the only thing that i can do is move forwards, and thats with left mouse button, hmm, whats that about different piloting mode? will jump intot he game now and hit X, see what changes with that...

EDIT: so X puts it to the W to accelerate and S to reverse but doesn't follow direction from mouse... argh... still got a little more info about the controls from that so thanks...

still problematic though, nvm, im sure to figure it out unless others wanna give me info on it, cheers...

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Wed May 20, 2015 5:27 pm

If you haven't already, Id recommend taking a peak at the Ships Owners Manual!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/puls ... Manual.pdf

Page 16 and 17 are about the different controls and settings for the ship! We are planning on adding off-screen indicators as well as a more precise throttle control later in development.

Hope this helps!

bobbikus

Post by bobbikus » Wed May 20, 2015 7:06 pm

cheers man that really helped, actually had a decent 44 min run with a mate too. yay...

im starting to settle into flying it, its a little weird at times when my camera freaks out after a few barrel rolls during dogfights, but im sure you will sort that out,

overall loving the game so far...

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Thanks for posting the great content.
Cheer up too.