What would you like for a Pulsar 2?

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
DarkHenrik

What would you like for a Pulsar 2?

Post by DarkHenrik » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:37 pm

I know that the game have not come out yet, and there are little hope for a Pulsar 2 if any sequil to Pulsar, but we can still hope can't we?

So what would you guys like to see in a Pulsar 2 if it ever came into production?

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: What would you like for a Pulsar 2?

Post by yacabo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 pm

This is next to impossible to answer since this game hasn't come out yet.
I love space

Ducky
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Ducky » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:02 pm

I agree... this is just... :roll:

You mind as well have the topic moved to off-topic section and renamed 'your ideal space game' (not my intent to bash on anyone here, but if I was a dev and people would make posts like i want this, woudn't it be great if the game had this, it needs this, you should make a sequel with this... I'd think them arrogant. Just be happy there's a game like this out there and people who are working on it as best they can)

DarkHenrik

Post by DarkHenrik » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 pm

You guys did not get what i am trying to say here, this is not a "i demand this" or "i want this like this" kind of thing, this is a discussion on what could be added in to a sequil if it got made.

But noooo, you guys instead calls me an arrogant jerk who wants things my way. well no, i have not been playing Pulsar for a while now, because there is little to do on it (especialy when no one i know wants to play the game with me, because they don't care about Pulsar until its done)

So what? i am an egotist? a persion who have insulted the creators for having made this topic? what? do you guys want me to quit the Forums because i have insulted you all with my "arrogant, shelfiss personality"?

If thats the way you guys want it then fine, il leave. :(

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by yacabo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey I never did call you anything, what I meant is that Pulsar is so early in development that it's hard to predict a second game since we barely know how this game plays out. The best I could come up with is a game that takes place in the Old wars.

I was half expecting you to post an idea, do you have one?
I love space

DarkHenrik

Post by DarkHenrik » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:00 pm

yacabo wrote:Hey I never did call you anything, what I meant is that Pulsar is so early in development that it's hard to predict a second game since we barely know how this game plays out. The best I could come up with is a game that takes place in the Old wars.

I was half expecting you to post an idea, do you have one?
Yeah, being able to translate radio waves, basicly the scientist (or even a new/modified class) would be able to pick up radio waves from other ships or space stations or even send out radio waves to other ships, this would work in that the Scientist would translate the radio waves into a message that could reveal info from one of the different factions in the game, or just random stuff that is said over the radio, and if the players are in an faction that is the enemy of the other faction, then the scientist can transfer a coded radio message to a different ship from the same faction.

basicly its a spy thing, or a way to have an advantage over an enemy ship.

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by yacabo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:13 pm

It appears it is possible to make an idea for a second game with what little there's to know about this game, because now I want a game like that. Think of all the possibilities, sneaking into bases, finding hidden tech, hiding events to reach the public's eye. Though to be honest we would need different factions because it's hard to see a biscuit company getting into that type of stuff.
I love space

HaloUK
Backer
Backer

Post by HaloUK » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:35 am

yacabo wrote:This is next to impossible to answer since this game hasn't come out yet.
This! :roll:

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by yacabo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:52 pm

HaloUK wrote:
yacabo wrote:This is next to impossible to answer since this game hasn't come out yet.
He did create an idea, so that point isn't really valid anymore.
I love space

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:49 am

yacabo wrote:
HaloUK wrote:
He did create an idea, so that point isn't really valid anymore.
I have to disagree.

With the game still in Beta it's still possible for the Dev's to add new features if they really want it.
Or add new features after release as an Expansion or DLC.

It is basically technicalities, but I don't think a 'sequel' needs to be discussed until Pulsar has been out for a long while.

A few exceptions for stuff like Mod Compatibility, stuff where the Dev's outright said it's not possible because it would require rebuilding the game from scratch.
That kind of stuff is the only thing I think can be justified for sequel talk at this point.