Infected, what is the purpose?

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
mantra

Infected, what is the purpose?

Post by mantra » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:21 pm

seems to me there is no way to "cleanse" an infected system?

all they do is reduce the number of systems we could explore?

yacabo
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Infected, what is the purpose?

Post by yacabo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:07 pm

To scare those trapped in the galaxy, stuck with a inescapable monster slowly consuming what little room they have.
I love space

Slickvic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slickvic » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:28 pm

mantra wrote:seems to me there is no way to "cleanse" an infected system?

all they do is reduce the number of systems we could explore?

It would be safe to assume that "the Infected" are an integral part of the main story line that will be fleshed out as the game progresses.

DarkHenrik

Post by DarkHenrik » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:35 pm

my theory is that the Infected, is some sort of after effect from a weapon or something that was used during the Old war, similar to the effect after the use of the Nuclear bomb, in World war II, though much worse.

Calladium
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Calladium » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:30 pm

...some sort of after effect from a weapon or something that was used during the Old war...
Old War? Is this canon? It sounds cool and I'd really like to know where I can learn more. In-game I've only noticed vague references to the isolation of the galaxy and each of the faction so I just assumed any "story" hadn't been added in yet.

Kona9
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Kona9 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Calladium wrote:
...some sort of after effect from a weapon or something that was used during the Old war...
Old War? Is this canon? It sounds cool and I'd really like to know where I can learn more. In-game I've only noticed vague references to the isolation of the galaxy and each of the faction so I just assumed any "story" hadn't been added in yet.
if your eager you can check out some of the old dev logs that go into the story a bit :)

Jingo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Jingo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:00 pm

I saw that "Old Wars" was part of title on a magazine somewhere in the Sector 0 station.

Mobiyus
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Mobiyus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Kona9 wrote:
Calladium wrote:
if your eager you can check out some of the old dev logs that go into the story a bit :)
Can you link to it? The only dev logs I could find are the video ones and I don't feel like watching 50+ videos to find this bit of info.
Colonial Union Universal Academy graduate
Proud Pilot and Engineering License holder

Steam: Mobiyus