Space Station Types

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Ablanat

Space Station Types

Post by Ablanat » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 pm

So, while we're (as the audience) are left in the dark about how space commercial and military structures could work in game. I thought we could begin here to talk about what could work and what not. To begin series of insightful conversations, how could in-game economy works and what not? Especially the military and police types that factions will use to keep the peace and to wage war and what not.

Also to talk about is how could players interact with economy by trades run and building space factories for commercial purposes.
"May the God have mercy on Anti-Foxie Oppositions' souls"

Ben
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Space Station Types

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 pm

I would think the police would be a faction which is made up from all the planets and they have multiple ships that patrol. It'd also be cool to become part of a faction like this eventually if it turns into more of an MMORPG game.

Ablanat

Re: Space Station Types

Post by Ablanat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Although, it not like someone such as myself is suggesting to be capable of joining the police faction though if indirectly like in X series where you can buy a police license. After getting appropriate scanner, You can scan away for smugglers and villeins and if they smuggling illegal goods declared by a faction, like Colonial, and you can demand they stop and 3 options are presented in that case. Drop their cargo, raid them and take smugglers in for trial if cargo are found extremely dangerous like nuclear components or they're wanted by lawful dudes seen on bounty boards, or lastly they go hostile and try and defeat you to the death. On second opt, wanted people seen on bounty boards, if they resist to be arrested or taken in to face jail time, after the successful attempt you can claim the bounty for 50% of the total reward if they're KIA or in full when subdued and taken in.
"May the God have mercy on Anti-Foxie Oppositions' souls"