Attack on Robot Foxes? Copyrighted?

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Attack on Robot Foxes? Copyrighted?

Post by GwaziMagnum » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Ok, this is an odd one where I'm not sure what the best thread for this is...

But basically I just found this in my email (Note it came back from Oct 24th, but I barely check my email hence the late notice):
Hi Breaking Pulsar,

We’re writing because one or more of your videos is no longer viewable in the United States, due to a pre-existing claim by a copyright owner. Before we get to the details, please be assured that this change does not affect your account standing on YouTube, nor does it put your channel at risk of termination. In other words, this is not a “copyright strike.”

Here’s why this is happening: You may have heard that we recently announced YouTube Red - a new membership that offers fans more choice in how they watch their favorite videos with features like ad-free, background and offline viewing for a monthly fee. In order to deliver a great experience for fans who choose to pay for this offering, we are updating our contracts with all of our content partners. The new terms make it possible for us to share subscription revenues with creators, providing an additional revenue stream for them beyond ad-supported YouTube revenue. The overwhelming majority of videos on YouTube are accounted for in our agreements, but there are some partners who have asked for more time to think about their options. While we work with these partners to update their terms, we unfortunately can't make their claimed videos available in the US.

There are a few options that might be available to you. For example:

If you believe Content ID mistakenly identified content in your video, or if you have all the rights to use that content, you may be able to dispute the claim. Visit our help center for help understanding and addressing claims.
If you’ve received an audio claim, you may be able to remove the song. You can also take advantage of the YouTube Audio Library -- royalty-free tracks you can use for free, forever, for any content you make (not just YouTube videos).
The videos listed below are being affected by this. Each video title links to more information.

Attack on Robot Foxes
It’s our goal to make as much great content as possible available to as many people as possible, so we’re actively working with copyright owners to restore these videos in the US—for both ad-supported viewers and members of YouTube Red. We sincerely hope this is a temporary situation, and very much appreciate your patience.

- The YouTube Team
And in Attack on Robot Foxes I only used footage either from the forum itself... Or Zukaro's pictures.
And knowing Zukaro IRL I highly doubt he put in any report.

But I also wouldn't just point fingers at the Dev's either, but rather this being YouTube being... well YouTube.
Just figured I should bring this up to the forums attention, and see if there's something that I'm missing here.

Edit: Actually it just dawned on me it could be the AoT Music involved...
But that song is everywhere, and I haven't heard anything about the song being censored to Americans either. :/

casauchi

Re: Attack on Robot Foxes? Copyrighted?

Post by casauchi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:33 pm

I'd put my money on the music!

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 am

Probably. Just found it odd this doesn't seem to be an issue with other videos with the music.

Ah well, YouTube is just more bizarre than I thought. XD

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:33 am

I definitely didn't put any report over my pictures being used (frankly if I had an issue with their use I would have let you know, as opposed to using YouTube's copyright stuff).
Based on the email, it looks as if someone in the US has claimed the video as their own (I'm not sure how that works, but I know there are various entities out there claiming to be companies they're not (for example, there was an entity pretending to be Valve which went around taking down various videos)).

I didn't know entities were able to claim any video they wanted as their own however, but it seems that's probably what happened.

I suggest disputing the claim, although I'm unsure as to the progress or even if it's worth the effort.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:11 am

I figured you didn't have anything to do with it. :P

I'm going to dispute the claim and see what happens.

-------------------

Actually, just looked at the specifics... It is music related. XD

紅蓮の弓矢 - Linked Horizon
Sound recording
0:00 - 1:15 play match

PONYCANYON
On behalf of: ポニーキャニオン

Blocked in some countries

Still going to dispute it though.