I Should Have Known...

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:43 pm

• Since the beta release on steam, this community has seen a massive influx of potential players. This is a good thing...mostly. But the forums are now littered with hundreds if not thousands of posts from the thoughtless farts of these new community members. People who have only been playing for a month or two think they know better than people who have been playing for over a year, and not only that, I've read some of those posts and most of them are as I stated above: thoughtless. These posts are preventing thoughtful and considerate posts from being seen both by active and noble members of the community and by the dev's. Do you really think they want to sort through all the crap idiots are posting on here these days? This used to be a small community, where idiots were few and far between, but now the jerks and idiots outnumber the kind and thoughtful members of this once small but great community.

A catch 22 if there ever was one....
    "Never give up! Never surrender!"

tjblackhawk
    Alpha Tester

Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm

• Some of the worst suggestions I've read are from original backers and alpha testers trying to turn a 5 player co-op space ship flying game with planet exploration into something it's not, requesting game features that would be dull or broken, or suggesting things the devs realistically stand no chance of implementing.

In fact, now I come to think of it, the OP is one of the worst posts too!

Kitchner
    Beta Tester

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:21 pm

• Well thanks...just needed to vent about the sheer volume of idiots on here now. So thanks for making it more than it was and validating my need to vent.

tjblackhawk
    Alpha Tester

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:15 pm

• tjblackhawk wrote:Well thanks...just needed to vent about the sheer volume of idiots on here now. So thanks for making it more than it was and validating my need to vent.

Since you're obviously one of them I'm not entirely sure what you're complaining for.

Kitchner
    Beta Tester

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:14 pm

• Now, now, no need to call these people idiots, but admittedly there are huge amount of posts that aren't really good. Saying stuff that I've seen be asked before, stated not to be happening, stated to be happening, requesting stuff that really shouldn't be in the game, etc.

Really I just hope they start doing a bit more research, and creating topics worth considering.
    I love space

yacabo
    Alpha Tester

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:57 am

• yacabo wrote:Now, now, no need to call these people idiots, but admittedly there are huge amount of posts that aren't really good. Saying stuff that I've seen be asked before, stated not to be happening, stated to be happening, requesting stuff that really shouldn't be in the game, etc.

Really I just hope they start doing a bit more research, and creating topics worth considering.

Search functions on most forums are at best unreliable and of limited use, and at worst a waste of time to even consider trying to use. In this case, it's more the former, but still not really much help when you're phrasing a question differently from the exact way a previous poster came up with.

Look through the active threads in the relevant-ish parts of the board, maybe just the first page, or possibly the second as well. If nothing looks quite right, post something new. If someone who's been around a while thinks the topic was covered adequately in the past, it's on them to bring the new person up to speed. Check out the forum you remember the post being in, search with your knowledge of the previous discussion guiding your phrasing to find it. And most importantly, post the link and explain why it's relevant. If it's got information that's been superceded since the thread stopped seeing posts, make a point of mentioning that as well.

obliviondoll
    Beta Tester

Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:25 am

• but now the jerks and idiots outnumber

LOL there are 1.5 ppl online in the forums. What outnumbering are you talking about?

Mauhur

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:40 am

• Speaking as a Member whose been here since before the first Alpha was even released you need to calm down. New people come in and out all the time, we're not exactly going to create that productive a community by labelling each other as idiots or valuing people by seniority.

obliviondoll wrote:Search functions on most forums are at best unreliable and of limited use

Try searching "Robot Foxes" :P

GwaziMagnum
    Alpha Tester

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm

• yacabo wrote:Now, now, no need to call these people idiots, but admittedly there are huge amount of posts that aren't really good. Saying stuff that I've seen be asked before, stated not to be happening, stated to be happening, requesting stuff that really shouldn't be in the game, etc.

GwaziMagnum wrote:Speaking as a Member whose been here since before the first Alpha was even released you need to calm down. New people come in and out all the time, we're not exactly going to create that productive a community by labelling each other as idiots or valuing people by seniority.

My attitude recently has been unacceptable, and for that I apologize. My original post was incredibly hypocritical, insulting others for making unproductive posts while my post was exactly that. My apologies to new and old community members and Pulsar players.

tjblackhawk
    Alpha Tester

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information