FPS Issues (1080 Ti)

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Stickz

FPS Issues (1080 Ti)

Post by Stickz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Asking for a friend.

He can't seem to get above 30FPS, and when anything happens in-game it drops. It's hardly using any CPU/GPU/RAM, and it certainly isn't a cheap/low-end computer. The only reason we can guess is that the game doesn't like his 144hz monitor. Anyone else ever see issues like this?

Crow

Re: FPS Issues (1080 Ti)

Post by Crow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 am

Stickz wrote:Asking for a friend.

He can't seem to get above 30FPS, and when anything happens in-game it drops. It's hardly using any CPU/GPU/RAM, and it certainly isn't a cheap/low-end computer. The only reason we can guess is that the game doesn't like his 144hz monitor. Anyone else ever see issues like this?
I have this if I run a video on my second monitor. Otherwise no. I have a GTX 980 and get 60+ frames.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks for the report

Any difference in windowed/fullscreen mode?

Also disabling V-Sync (if enabled) could potentially help, you can use the video settings menu to do this
You'll need to Apply after changing the V-sync setting

Also might be worth it to double check the FPS limit in the video settings. Should default to unlimited though.

clasaffloweroil

Post by clasaffloweroil » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:44 am

Ye, I have FPS Issues too. I`m playing from MacBook Air 2017 edition with all the updates and everything. Strange for a game like this to use so many resources.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm

clasaffloweroil wrote:Ye, I have FPS Issues too. I`m playing from MacBook Air 2017 edition with all the updates and everything. Strange for a game like this to use so many resources.
I'd recommend lowering the resolution if you haven't already, The Macbook Air is fairly close to the current minimum specs for the game, you can also try following these steps: http://www.pulsarthegame.com/improve-performance