Extra 3d Artist

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 pm

• I am just wondering if the team has considered bringing in someone with 3d modelling/ lighting experience?

I really enjoy this game but can't help but feel held back from truely enjoying the experience by it's average graphics.

Just wondering if they have thought about bringing someone in? even externally.

I for example was an animator and also worked in architectural visualisation before moving into programming a few years back, and would be happy to throw in a couple hours a week free just to help out.

Playing this game and imaging what it could look like if they had someone experienced on board really re-ignited the old animator in me.

Gweg

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 am

• I would love to see them get some upgrades in the graphical department but not at the expense of the game play. The game play is already super fun and solid as they keep improving it. I hope a graphics overhaul does not effect how the game play progresses.

CaptnBarbosa

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:31 am

• CaptnBarbosa wrote:I would love to see them get some upgrades in the graphical department but not at the expense of the game play. The game play is already super fun and solid as they keep improving it. I hope a graphics overhaul does not effect how the game play progresses.

Exactly this. I don't find the current graphics impact my enjoyment. I'd love a little more polish (especially with animations), but other things are higher priority to me.

Crow

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:57 pm

• for certain, continue to improve the game play, give us more things to do as a crew together, and as individuals. Then maybe go in and beef up the character customization and animations.

Trusin

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:03 pm

• We are pretty hesitant about expanding the team at this time, but as the artist I agree that it'd be nice to put aside some time to improve the character models and animations! I'm also planning on taking time to do another pass on each ship and planet before release. It's a big project and I can't spend a lot of time on each asset in the game, but I plan to polish up what I can before release!

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Return to General Discussion

Information