Hacking the game.

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Pondering

Hacking the game.

Post by Pondering » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:08 am

So I just got into this game not long ago.
And it just must be me or something but wallah for two days in row I find myself playing with a proud hacker.
Now before I go on I know I know how did I know this person was hacking well lets have that talk.

(1) On the first day we were doing stealth runs on a Gents ship which meant basically mass boarding all the time. This person got a burst pistol and even in the arena (btw is bugged wont let you go past level 9 raptors) was pulling off these incredibly long bursts with no over heat. I know how long a burst is because WALLAH I had the exact same gun. I had suspicions but could not say anything as I had no proof so I just said ok keep an eye out.

(2) Today again with exact same crew doing a new run he is running around the ship doing these long bursts. I talk to guys and I confront him and say point blank WHY are you hacking the gun. He laughs and says its just the gun im hacking nothing else. Tells me he uses xxxx hack program to do it. Then we run into a bug where we can sell and never lose the item and somehow get unlimited cash and I begged the captain not to say how and he didnt.

If the Devs want the players name thats fine I will give it to them. I told the hacker I thought he was lame and he was proud of his position. Later he left never to come back and I told the other guys Ill be reporting him. If the game is this hack able then we got issues already. Glad we don't do pvp people would be dropping out left and right. Just a heads up on what people are doing.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Hacking the game.

Post by Edinstein » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately if the captain isn't being a helpful moderator on the ship it's probably best to find a different captain. We can look into making the game harder to exploit though.

ForsakenReaper
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ForsakenReaper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 am

Edinstein wrote:Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately if the captain isn't being a helpful moderator on the ship it's probably best to find a different captain. We can look into making the game harder to exploit though.
mostly cause people are able edit live memory in this game while its running such as the line that contain money,health and even some of the properties such as reload time on weapons .if they find the lines in memory ....may i suggest doing like most games do and create an anti cheat that wont allow client side memory modifications ? that wouls stop alot of average joes from just downloading a memory editing program and ruining our games.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm

We have plans to look into making this more difficult. Thanks for the suggestions!