DO devs even read and respond.

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:00 am

• Dear developers I am seeing a trend with Alpha release games both on and off steam.

I can look at Steam Spy and see how many copies of the game that have sold.
    I can take 30% of that off.
    I can do math and with kick starter you guys have done very well for yourselves.

With all that taken into consideration and reading forums I can see the mods seem to have abandon you.

Jon has written a very well thought out forum post which has gotten not one iota of a response.

Tons of post linger in the darkness waiting for some kind of yes or no.

Even a general FAQ of questions that have been asked and listed with a response would help.

I am very much even with the updates I am seeing getting red flags left and right about communication with your player base which is very lackluster.

Perhaps you could chat with us and assuage my fears that I have dumped money into yet another fly by night gaming outfit and make us as your customers feel better about our purchase?

How about a reply please would appreciate it.

Pondering

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am

• We do look at the forums but we spend the majority of the time working on the game, I used to spend more time here earlier in the project but at this stage we're working more on adding content and features from our to-do list. It's kind of a balancing act I guess, I'll try to spend more time here, but we're all really busy and we have a lot to do!

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:23 pm

• I do understand that the plate is full and that game development is a huge part of the project.

Perhaps you could ask Jon to work with you for Moderator development and get this part of the project ( which is just as important trust me) given to somebody else?

Pondering

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 pm

• You're right, communication with the community is definitely important. We're sorry that we dropped the ball on this, and we thank you for messaging us about it. From what we understand, Jon is not interested in working as a moderator or community liaison. However, we would be glad to get a dedicated member of the forum on board as a new moderator if someone is up to the task. Until then, we'll do our best to answer your questions and suggestions ourselves, and we'll set aside a bit of time to be more active within the community.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:38 pm

• I do appreciate that you have taken time to respond to this post.

I also appreciate that you recognize the importance of community relationship/

I hope that with all the people that are around with the capabilities to handle this responsibility one can be found that serves the purpose of you the DEvs and of the community needs in question answering.

So in saying all this if you need help I encourage you to seek it. Put up a notice with whatever perks pay or whatever on the steam board or in here. Being a moderator and dealing with the sometimes pretty volatile and hostiles environments of online communication can be pretty daunting. I am willing to assist in any way I can just let me know.

Pondering

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:02 pm

• Thank you, we really appreciate the concern and the offer. You bringing up this matter has gotten us thinking about it a lot more. For now, we’ll do our best to stay on top of communications and not let it get out of hand again. We made a decision a while back not to bring on any new members of the team until PULSAR is finished largely due to matters of trust. However, if we find we can’t do it ourselves anymore, we will consider all our options, as you and JonBon have been suggesting.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:48 pm

• I apologize if this question is out of place, or jumping the gun.

I know you are a very small development team, however I have seen you all post multiple times saying that you are not hiring. To keep things short, if you do hire (either before or after development) would you ever consider remote work?

Thank you for all the amazing work you are continuing to do!

incomingstick

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 pm

• incomingstick wrote:I apologize if this question is out of place, or jumping the gun.

I know you are a very small development team, however I have seen you all post multiple times saying that you are not hiring. To keep things short, if you do hire (either before or after development) would you ever consider remote work?

Thank you for all the amazing work you are continuing to do!

We prefer our team together in the office, as we find it ideal for quick, clear communication. However, we aren’t against working with people remotely. In fact, we have a remote arrangement with our sound designers. We haven’t made any decisions yet about what we’ll do if we expand the company, but we’ll probably keep our options open.

Thanks for the support!

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

Return to General Discussion

Information