Feedback on the update +++

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
CaptnBarbosa

Feedback on the update +++

Post by CaptnBarbosa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 am

Great job on the most recent update!

The lighting has been drastically improved and so has the art. The new art characters fit well into the space and the CU base new design is amazing. Everything is a more pleasant experience.

-Something to track missions in their spaces (not on the map) would be much appreciated. Sometimes the mission text doesn't give the players all the details of whereabouts.
-Give the pilot a seat lol

I'm still very immersed and happy with the ship play. The ground combat and engagements still need work. Please look into randomly designed level editor similar to Diablo. Exterior environments may not benefit from this but scavenging ships, saving surviving crew members aboard derelict ships, can all be randomly scripted events. Doors can be locked, jammed, and opened and creatures, aliens can spawn in different places to keep it fresh.

Randomizing content would be the most beneficial thing to keep this game going. There's already so much content already but it's very easy to get stuck doing the same missions we are comfortable with.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Feedback on the update +++

Post by Edinstein » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you for the kind words and feedback! We've been discussing ways to vary up missions and planets while still keeping them manageable from our end. We have a few ideas that are similar to some of your suggestions. I don't want to make any guarantees right now, but I'm certain we'll be revisiting missions, space scenarios and planets in some of the upcoming updates.

I'm not against giving pilots their own chairs. I'd just want to make sure that their view isn't obstructed if in 1st person piloting. I'll bring it up to the team to see if we have time!

CalicoJack

Post by CalicoJack » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 pm

I really like the new character look and the new game play options with the races. The biggest being, that I've seen since the update, ships now run air free as an anti-boarding measure for example. All Sylvassi boarding parties are lethal.
Last edited by CalicoJack on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Just to note, though enemy Sylvassi may look invisible, they can still be injured if you manage to shoot them. But yes, it certainly makes things trickier! Glad you're enjoying the update, and let us know if you have any feedback about boarding with the new abilities!

CalicoJack

Post by CalicoJack » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 am

Edinstein wrote:let us know if you have any feedback about boarding with the new abilities!
One thing worth mentioning is it is really difficult to recognise friend or foe in hand to hand - the pilot has a white tag as do the entire enemy crew, and if you are attacking a crew of the same faction as your own it is doubly harder as they will be wearing the same colour schemes. I understand the logic of removing the green crosshair - but there needs to be another way of seeing Friend or Foe at a glance.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:49 pm

We'll try to find a better way to differentiate between your crew and enemies. Thanks for the suggestion!

Paige 404

Post by Paige 404 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Ooo! What if Pilot colors changed? Yellow, orange, purple, pink. Lots of options there.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 pm

I’d worry that changing colors could get confusing for players, especially since all the other classes would have consistent and corresponding class colors, but it’s certainly something we hadn't discussed before! Maybe randomized/changing colors could be suitable for enemy crews. I’ll mention it to our programmer, though he might have another solution in mind at the moment. Nevertheless, thank you for the help in finding a solution to this!

Edit: Or do you mean changing the actual pilot class color from white to something else? Apologies for the confusion!

Paige 404

Post by Paige 404 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Lol, yeah I'd just meant a permanent change for the Pilot class from white to some other color that's reasonably distinct from the others.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 pm

All right, that admittedly makes more sense! Yes, it would be possible to change the pilot class color. It would probably be a good solution too, but we'll likely save it for a last resort since white has become a bit iconic for PULSAR's pilots over the course of development.