Pulsar credits

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
The_Highway_Man

Pulsar credits

Post by The_Highway_Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if getting credits in Pulsar is too easy. I did not take my crew and I very long before we had enough to buy everything our hearts could desire from the shops. I am now heading towards the end-game (I think) and I have more credits than I can spend.

This could be because my crew is relatively good, we crush other ships with ease, which means we never have to be repaired. We have been this way from the beginning. However, after the first three or four hours, being able to buy whatever has made this game less exciting, no struggle to survive. In addition, I am not using the Captains skill that gives more credits (I forget what it is called). Is this anyone else’s experience?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Pulsar credits

Post by Edinstein » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'm also very curious if this is also a common experience other players have.

How many credits do you have?

How difficult was some of the end-game content like defeating the sector commanders and winning the ion races?

Thanks again for your feedback!

The_Highway_Man

Post by The_Highway_Man » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:35 pm

I have about a hundred thousand credits or more, which I know is not that much if I was still upgrading my ship. However, I have all the top weapons, the reactor I want, and every component I feel our ship needed. My cargo is full of other nice ship components I have bought to tryout, and now can sell back for a decent sum, if or when I decide to liquidate them. My crew can buy anything they want, so everyone has pretty much a couple different level three guns, a scanner and upgraded tools. That sums up our wealth. We buy and try everything.

As for the end game content, we crushed both the Grim Cutlass and the Swarm. The swarm did not even touch our shields (if I remember right). The Grim Cutlass gave us a little more trouble, but not much. However, like I said, I have a great crew, who’s teamwork is through the roof.

I have not gone against the ancient sentry yet. I am just about to working on the races. I am upgrading my racing thrusters, so my crew is grinding scrap right now. The racing thrusters are at level five, but I would like to see them I little higher, before entering the races.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Thanks for the information! I'll pass this along to our programmer and we'll keep this in mind the next time we take a pass on economy / balance.

If you have any specific suggestions we'd be happy to hear them too!

Thanks again.