Unofficial Weekly Discussion #3: AOG Ships

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
EngBot

Unofficial Weekly Discussion #3: AOG Ships

Post by EngBot » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:31 pm

This weeks discussion is going to be about the various playable ships for AOG.
Favorite Ship, playstyles, strategies for fighting with/against, etc.
Breaker of all the things

Nick106

Re: Unofficial Weekly Discussion #3: AOG Ships

Post by Nick106 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:47 pm

I prefer a stealthy approach to all combat if anything. Cloaking devices are a wonderful thing to have when fighting any ship in particular... unless they manage to hit you with something then things go downhill

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't often see a lot of discussion regarding sensor exploits and cloaking. If you can get close enough to a crewed ship and get a sensor lock, the cyber-defense sensor exploit is a great way to reliably get a virus in their ship quickly. You could theoretically even just use the siphon credits virus and stealthy hang back while stealing their credits!

Nick106

Post by Nick106 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 pm

I had never thought of that. That sounds like a wonderful idea! I usually just let science survey the area and point out weaknesses to bring the enemy down

Venom

Post by Venom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:51 pm

If you have a decent sensor the stargazer works wonders in nebulas. Usually the enemy will lose track of your ship several times during a fight.

I wonder if we are going to get another AoG ship though. I think something like a scrapper ship would be cool. Maybe it could have a special extractor that doesn't pull components from ships but auto processes scrap instead.

Nick106

Post by Nick106 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:45 am

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Like having little scavengers that make money off of scrapping wrecks and derelict structures.They could also be outfitted with scrapper turrets