Deleting threads make it even more look like scam...

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Agonythy

Deleting threads make it even more look like scam...

Post by Agonythy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Topic says all.
Now delete it again...pathetic mod, rofl.

RealThor
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Deleting threads make it even more look like scam...

Post by RealThor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 pm

I think the main reason was the small verbal "fight" between you and some other users.

Maybe you can put the bugs you found in a new topic in the bug section, I think this would be more helpful than posting them here.
Þér eigum vér veigar,
Val-Gautr, salar brautar,
Fals, hrannvala fannar
framr, valdi tamr gialda.

"Thyself, Óðinn, we owe the art of poetry."

casauchi

Post by casauchi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:26 pm

This isn't a scam. I deleted it because there is no reason to be at eachothers throats. now calm down. you paid $25 for the game. you're expecting the game to be perfect in Alpha?! Oh wow.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm

You're accusing the Mod's of scamming people simply on the basis the Alpha doesn't run like a complete game.

I don't blame them.
Your topic both unreasonably scares off new people and fills up space better used for a topic that's productive.

RealThor
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by RealThor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Please refrain from starting another rather aggressive discussion. ^^

I think the main problem is not the alpha build itself the game is in. He (or she) just wanted to point out that he (or she) got the feeling the game wouldn't deliver the things promised or shown in the devlogs. There's a small difference between those things, at least from my point of view.
Þér eigum vér veigar,
Val-Gautr, salar brautar,
Fals, hrannvala fannar
framr, valdi tamr gialda.

"Thyself, Óðinn, we owe the art of poetry."

Thorns
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Thorns » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Agonythy, ok we understand you we do. But rarely you are being kind of a child here. and im sure everyone else on this kind forum can relate to what we are saying. and before you moan at me im going to bring into account this is an alpha. I have beta tested many games and i agree this is a very buggy alpha. now hear me out. The leafy team has worked well on this and have only released it to the public to get feedback on what they have made. those bugs you are experiencing are there so you can tell the devs that they are there. This is under no circumstances a GAME. This is a proof of concept and a testing phase what initially is meant to be used to be made into a game. ALPHA - everything is suitable to change.

So please stop trying to cause a argument when facts have been spoon fed to you by everyone on the forum and better yet the leafy team itself.

dont act like you know better than everyone, taking in what you have said yeah you know quite a bit and acknowledge people on this forum (No offence to anyone) But when your arguing on a forum people WILL know better than you.

So before you go around telling people they are idiots, think to yourself "maybe i should research this more thorough before opening my big mouth".

Im sure that allot of people in alpha testing (not jumping to conclusions but i don't see that your registered "alpha tester" but may be a database issue) can agree with this and will back me up.

so to answer your question ... No this is no scam. It is a WIP

I do not speak for members of this forum or leafy games at all.

Thank you.
“I’m coming back in… and it’s the saddest moment of my life.”

Ed White expresses his sorrow at the conclusion of the first American spacewalk during the Gemini 4 mission

3 June 1965

Isramon
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Isramon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm

I agree, There is no need to begin a fight over something so stupid as this.

The mod had full right to remove your post it was accusing the game of something it is not and it also had abusive language in so please lets just end this matter and stop arguing if you do not like the game then don't play it but you will be missing out on the development of an amazing game.
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 pm

What did I miss?

But anyways, Alphas are always buggy, especially the very first release. I assume the next release will run a lot better with the bug reports we send.
Just look at games like Minecraft; if you played that in the early stages of the game it more or less just didn't run. :P Even nearing it's full release and into the full release things still just don't work, although now in the more recent releases it's starting to work a lot better and have very few bugs these days.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Agonythy, I apologize that your thread was deleted.

I do not want these forums to censor skepticism and doubt. You have a right to your opinion and I want to hear it.

I was writing a response for the last thread before it went down:

It's not a scam. I promise you, and I don’t make promises lightly.

Pulsar is our baby. We've put countless hours and thought into this, and yes I agree the current build isn't worth 25 dollars, not even close.

Please remember though, you didn't buy this version, you bought the final game.

I can sit here and talk all day, but I think the best thing to prove this isn't a scam is for you to simply come back in a few weeks. By then the game should really be taking shape and be clear of most if not all game-breaking bugs.

Vanderwild
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Vanderwild » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm not returning to this post