Tutorial video

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Tutorial video

Post by MrThrope » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey guys, I noticed a lot of posts by confused testers not quite finding the instructions lost among the forums for controlling PULSAR and I've certainly joined a large number of games with players who had no idea of even the basics, so I went ahead and made a video and uploaded it to youtube with an explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhbrn2-AuEw

I hope that's alright with the developers, and youtube and OBS. I have no idea what I'm doing really, which you can probably tell by the way I trip over my tongue and brain several times.

Anyway, hopefully some of you find this useful.
~I feel the black reaching out : I hear its song without a doubt : I still hear and I still see~
That you can't take the sky from me.

kahulbane
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Tutorial video

Post by kahulbane » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi,

Watched the vid, nice work and simple.

I posted on the page as well, the other turret are pints are the two pods to the right of the door when you leave the weapons room. There are 3 total. Hope this helps some one. =]

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

kahulbane wrote:Hi,

Watched the vid, nice work and simple.

I posted on the page as well, the other turret are pints are the two pods to the right of the door when you leave the weapons room. There are 3 total. Hope this helps some one. =]
Thanks man. I hadn't really looked too hard for the other controls yet because I'm a bit enthralled with just flying about and looking at SPAAAAAAAACE, but good to know in the event. :D
~I feel the black reaching out : I hear its song without a doubt : I still hear and I still see~

The27thS
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by The27thS » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Awesome! I didn't know you could swap out components. I think the radioactive symbol means you are targeting enemy weapons since that's the same symbol for the weapons class.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm

The27thS wrote:Awesome! I didn't know you could swap out components. I think the radioactive symbol means you are targeting enemy weapons since that's the same symbol for the weapons class.
This is true!

Great video by the way!

When the points in space are invisible (required the space bar to show them), it is because an enemy is around.

The ship components are still not fully synced, so modifying them may cause problems when playing with others! Should be fixed soon!

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Edinstein wrote:
The27thS wrote:Awesome! I didn't know you could swap out components. I think the radioactive symbol means you are targeting enemy weapons since that's the same symbol for the weapons class.
This is true!

Great video by the way!

When the points in space are invisible (required the space bar to show them), it is because an enemy is around.

The ship components are still not fully synced, so modifying them may cause problems when playing with others! Should be fixed soon!
Ah, excellent. I just wish I could easily change the video to add this new information. Oh well, mostly I'm just glad nobody yelled at me for putting it up on youtube. :oops:

Is the points visible going to remain the way it is? I actually prefer having it default to requiring the space-bar to show because it's a more immersive view of space.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:51 am

MrThrope wrote:
Ah, excellent. I just wish I could easily change the video to add this new information. Oh well, mostly I'm just glad nobody yelled at me for putting it up on youtube. :oops:

Is the points visible going to remain the way it is? I actually prefer having it default to requiring the space-bar to show because it's a more immersive view of space.
I agree, in the future it will probably end up being something you can toggle instead of hold (perhaps using the space-bar).

Ethaninja

Post by Ethaninja » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:21 am

Well, now I know you're Lactose Intolerant! I'll make sure to keep all my dairy products off my ship if you ever decide to come over for a spell ;)
Excellent tut man

Ethaninja

Post by Ethaninja » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:21 am

How come I wouldn't have sounds for my turrets?

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 am

Ethaninja wrote:Well, now I know you're Lactose Intolerant! I'll make sure to keep all my dairy products off my ship if you ever decide to come over for a spell ;)
Excellent tut man
Haha, thanks. Yeah I was kind of rambling a bit, it was somewhere between 2 and 4am when I dediced to make it, so I was half asleep and almost whispering to not disturb my housemates.

I don't know about the turret sound. Perhaps just a bug.