Tutorial video

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
shireknight
Visionary
Visionary

Re: Tutorial video

Post by shireknight » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 am

Excellent video thank you :) Haven't heard the music yet so I'll try to get this up and running and I didn't understand how the purchasing screen worked until now :)

Found the music volume bar -nice music, also noticed you can double up on components and doubled my hull strength to 800 by adding another Hull component.

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:11 am

shireknight wrote:also noticed you can double up on components and doubled my hull strength to 800 by adding another Hull component.
Thanks man, I didn't know about that either. I was still fiddling with it when I read your comment. Very handy, that extra hull and self-repairing.

I think it's a good idea if I go back and watch all the devblogs now, it seems there is a trove of useful information in there beyond what I noticed before having access to play the game.
~I feel the black reaching out : I hear its song without a doubt : I still hear and I still see~
That you can't take the sky from me.

Shieldmountain
Bar Owner
Bar Owner

Post by Shieldmountain » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:18 am

I haven't had the time to try Pulsar yet but your tutorial looks good so I'll check it out when I get the time for it. :-)

Best Regards
Shieldmountain

CrtxReavr

Post by CrtxReavr » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:37 am

How come pretty much nothing you show in this video works anymore? You can't select bots for crew positions. You can buy all the parts you want, but they never show-up in cargo to be able to mount them. The start screens have none of the same options and all the numbers for the ship properties are anything but zeros.

-CR

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 am

CrtxReavr wrote:How come pretty much nothing you show in this video works anymore? You can't select bots for crew positions. You can buy all the parts you want, but they never show-up in cargo to be able to mount them. The start screens have none of the same options and all the numbers for the ship properties are anything but zeros.

-CR
This video was made for the initial alpha build. There have been at least two decent sized updates since then changing a lot of things. The bots I believe were removed temporarily while they're getting an oil-change. Start screens were changed a little to make things a bit clearer and fix things like the non-working passwords and such.

Basically everything I showed still applies in principle, but the method has changed a little. You should check out the patch notes for full details. Announcement thread with patch notes can be found here.
~I feel the black reaching out : I hear its song without a doubt : I still hear and I still see~

CrtxReavr

Post by CrtxReavr » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 am

The biggest thing though, which you didn't mention at all is the broken 'ship components' screen.

-CR

MrThrope
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MrThrope » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 pm

CrtxReavr wrote:The biggest thing though, which you didn't mention at all is the broken 'ship components' screen.

-CR
Sorry, I just assumed it was covered by my explanation of many changes being made by multiple patches. It's early alpha stages still, mate, things are going to change, break and fix every time a patch is released. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

PervasivePeach
Uniformed Officer
Uniformed Officer

Post by PervasivePeach » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:42 am

cool video :D
i have no friends exept the friends i have