Introduce Yourself Here!

Introduce yourself here! Search for crew-mates or just say hi!
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:02 pm

• Hi, I'm dash.
    I bought this game on steam because a friend told me to, however we have been unable to play together as of yet.

I'm from 'Murica, and i wish i had known about this games kickstarter.
    im available to play most days/evenings and will play any role.

Dashrider

Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:46 am

• Hi, I'm known as glass, or glassofwater as you can see. I first started really getting into this style of game when FTL first released it's Alpha. Logged a good bit of time on that, but since have been wanting more. Recently discovered this game, and since then I've learned all the roles (Science being my weakest point) and taught quite a few people who make those "New players" games how to actually be Captain and all I can about systems. Started up an invite only group for people who like to take this game seriously to join (PM me for more info on that) to help players like those and myself meet up easier.

I'm a 22-year-old in the US who has a mic and likes to roleplay with a serious tone. Hope to see you in space. Add me on Steam if you're keen.

glassofwater
    Beta Tester

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:12 am

• Hello I am Greg from France.

I have always been interested in this genre of games (spacecraft bridge sims). I installed the game yesterday and I must say I find it excellent, immersive etc...

Looking forward to playing it more !

Cheers !

Trashkhan

Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:53 pm

• Hi there everyone,

I hope this doesn't count as necroing this thread, but it's sticky so I figured it was still the best way to say "hello".

Anyhoo, I'm the Most Recent FNG 'round these parts and I have to say, I'm terribly upset that I hadn't found this game earlier! It's pretty much what my idea of a perfect LAN party game should be - up to 5 players PvE where EVERYONE plays an important role? Yeah, sign me up.

I've been gaming since Wolfenstien 3D was a new thing and have seen some cool stuff.... but from what I've been through just today confirms that Pulsar is special. I've always liked co-op games over competitive games because frankly, I suck at twitch based shooty things. Games like Left 4 Dead, Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies (before the thrice-be-cursed combat update!) were the kind of things I enjoyed, where I most frequently played a supporting role. Here the skill-based play comes from effective management of ship systems and tactical thinking and not as much from "how fast can I click" (except maybe for the pilot). I'm also a bit of a 'trekkie, so of course just going from system to system and managing power makes the tingles happen!

I look forward to meeting everyone in game and here on the forums!

Hallofo

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm

• Hey you guys, Victor Tramp here, another FNG, and space game fanatic!

I have been pining away for good space games on linux, and while Frontier Developments seemingly HATES linux, and Star Citizen may or may not ever come out for linux (if they finish it at all), I've owned PULSAR for ages, but haven't started really playing it til beta 10.

I HAVE MISSED SO MUCH!!

This game is so amazing, it is blowing my mind. I have high hopes for this game, and the regular updates i see in my steam activity is so encouraging! So here i am.

I'll be recruiting my friends to come play this game with me. I have tested it on them, and it is a hit, so there will be more of us space penguins very soon!

My hopes and dreams for this game include Vanilla Cargo Runs™, more intra-system exploration, and Dedicated Server+LAN options (I run my own servers of a lot of things, running a perpetual PULSAR galaxy server WOULD BE ASTOUNDING!)

anyway. big space nerd, happy as all hell with this game and if there is any to contribute to it, i'm all for it.

expect (more) bug reports, and my name to be around here some, especially as more gets added.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LEAFY GAMES!!!! You scratch my space sim itch so good.. mmm :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-m

victort
    Beta Tester

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:32 am

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 am

• greetings to all spacefarers from myself here in canada (st catharines ON)
    names Jody Picard aka bigstep70
    truly love this game, only just discoverd it a few weeks ago but im hooked
    been playing solo with bots just to learn the ropes/ship layouts and been watching youtube channels of crews playing to help myself understand how to prioritize things
    what an amazing game this is and will become as development continues
    thank you to all the team at LeafyGamesLLC for helping me to become the starship captain (or whatever else) I always wanted to be... Ive already got the last name right :)
    Engage.

bigstep70

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

• Hello.
    I forgot to do this before I made my first post, but here I am.
    My name is Gadstat and I've been playing Pulsar for 245 hours as of writing this. I've done every role and know the game pretty well. I've fought every enemy and fired every gun. I've been around since about version 8 (my memory is a bit fuzzy) and I've been loving the game ever since.

I discovered Pulsar after the hype (and subsequent disappointment) surrounding No Man's Sky. As well, at the time I was longing for a game that was very co-op focused, and after looking through some of the recommended games on steam I came upon Pulsar: Lost Colony. I love it because it scratches an itch that I've wanted to scratch for so long: A tight team-focused game where everyone has to rely on each other to succeed.

I love the game, and I love the players I meet and I love the community that has spawned from this game. Pulsar has always had a very satisfying core to it, which is more than I can say for most games I've played. And the best part is that it will only continue to improve. I could tell from the time I started that this was a passion project, a labor of love from the developers and it shows.

Alright, I think I've gushed enough. Hope to see this game go where no other has gone before.

Gadstat
    Beta Tester

Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 am

• Hello, Error reporting to duty!

I have only played this game for around 4 hours but I am in love with it already. I'm from the United Kingdom and I love cake.
    I think that sums me up pretty well.
    AI. Viridian Zenith
    Engineer.

I like to break things.

Error
    Beta Tester

Fri May 12, 2017 6:36 am

• Hey!

I have been spending some real quality time with strangers in this game, and one of them happens to be the one posting right above.

Hi Error!

I tend to like games that are made up of many simple systems that together form a larger, more complex system. This game is a perfect example of that. Single player Mount & Blade Warband and FTL are other good examples.

RAZZ

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions / Forum Badges

Information