Introduce Yourself Here!

Introduce yourself here! Search for crew-mates or just say hi!
shireknight
Visionary
Visionary

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by shireknight » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm shireknight from the UK, my current favourite games are FTL and the X-series of space games (X-Terran Conflict, X-Rebirth etc) I am of course also a bit of a sci-fi nut, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Stargate which is probably why I was attracted to this game :lol:

iski19
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by iski19 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi, My name is Iski19 and I am from OHIO also....cant wait for alpha.. :mrgreen:

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Hai, I'm Zukaro Travon!

I'mma robawt fox. :3

Me:

Anyways, I like doing pixel art (I drew the picture above (the letters dun show so well against a black background so you can see it here if you wanna: http://zukaro-travon.deviantart.com/art ... -409957804) and I love foxes more than anything in the universe. :3

I'm also pretty good with computers (still lots to learn however). Right now in my backyard I've got the Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator setup (me and my friends and my dad converted the playhouse (when I was little my dad built a little house thingy for me cuz idk why, but it has electricity) into a computer lab basically :P). I setup all the computers; they're running Ubuntu 12.10 (32bit) and use Wine to get Artemis to work (as Artemis is Windows only). It works really well. As well, I've set up the computers so I can turn the main viewer (the PC which runs the server) on from my phone (using WoL) and then that computer says which computers it's turning on (it talks) and turns on all the other computers using WoL which also talk once they turn on. And when you shut the main viewer PC off it turns all the other computers off using SSH and RSA keys and a few bash scripts I wrote (used bash scripts to make it turn on all the other computers too :p) and talks while doing that. :P They're pretty shitty computers, so to get the one computer to actually run the server and main viewer I needed to put in a new GPU (the reason it wouldn't work is because the integrated GPU was unable to run the 3D view, which the main viewer shows by default; so on all the other computers if you switch to VIS mode they freeze :p (sorta; I can still switch tty workspace thingies and reboot that way).

And I forget what else I was gonna say but there was probably a lot more. :p

I can't wait for diz game to come out. ;^; And I hope dat you guys put robawt foxes in teh game dat I can play as. :3 *moar nudge nudge push push* I think it'd be fun. :P

I remember me and my friends were playing GURPS once (sorta; we hardly started (I was surprisingly able to get the mechanics of GURPS whereas I was never able to figure out D&D :V)) and I was a robot fox (cuz I'm always a fox of some sort when I play roleplaying games (cuz I <3 foxes)); anyways, so we had a spaceship cuz it was scifi and I was the pilot. And since I was a robawt, I could control the ship with my mind essentially and always threatened to open the airlocks. :3 And then the game ended cuz everyone was busy. ;^;

WHICH REMINDS ME OF D&D; sooooo, we just started D&D and I see a bookshelf, so I search the bookshelf cuz I search everything (I'm curious ;^; ), and then I roll a 20 and I see a light behind it, so I proceed to break the bookshelf (this was in a tavern with a bunch of people) so the bartender throws a bottle at me. So I roll and I get another 20 and catch the bottle in mid air without looking and then drink it. It turns out to be poison, so I roll again and I gawt another 20 :V so I'm completely fine and I just throw the bottle away. Then everyone thinks I'm some sort of diety or something and leaves the tavern. So the rest of my party catches up with me and we go inside the thing behind the bookshelf. There's a bunch of chests so I roll ANOTHER 20 :V and I get the ONLY chest which doesn't eat you. :P And I gawt some stuff from the chest. :3 It was fun. :P

And nao I've run outta stuff to say. :p Although there's always more I wanna say, I just don't know what I wanna say so I don't say a lot most of the time. But then sometimes I know exactly what to say and you look away for one second and bewm, a full book has popped up on the screen (irl I know what to say a little better; I tend to be much better at conversation in real life although I do go off on quite a few tangents).

Anyways, so we need robawt foxes in Pulsar so dat I can be one. :3 And then it'd be amazing <3 And mehbeh you guys could make a few races in the game rather than just humans and have each have it's own special properties? :3 I should put that into the suggestion I made earlier (cuz the first suggestion on the forums had to be about robot foxes. I tried to make the first post plain and simple be about robot foxes but I was too slow. ;^: ). So I'mma go make mai suggestion better probably.

Oh also, I've used phpBB before. :p But then everything died (I found a computer on the side of the road which was covered in mud so I ran a Minecraft server on it for half a year till it broke). :P
Last edited by Zukaro on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

jaxnif
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by jaxnif » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,

My name is Barak,
I am an avid gamer and sci-fi enthusiast. I am currently a student. I probably spend too much time on steam and kickstarter and I can't wait for pulsar to come out! I am currently in a group of 10 of my friends and we are itching to play. This game will be a great addition to our various LAN Parties.

Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play (any game for that matter), my username is Jaxnif (or: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaxnif)

BinaryExterminator
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by BinaryExterminator » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Hey, name's Tom, was born in England, moved to New Zealand at age 9. Can't wait for the alpha, this looks like one of the best games I've ever seen, and I really mean that. Good luck in your endeavours dev team, keep up the good work!
"You win again, gravity!"

I usually play as Wilson505 in Pulsar, so now you know who to send angry PMs to when I accidentally break things on your ship...

RearAdmiralZill
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by RearAdmiralZill » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Ahoy from the states.

Pulsar hit my radar a bit ago and was lucky enough to get in on the kickstarter. I hail from Guns of Icarus, and this had so many similarities to it in a space setting that I just had to be along for the chance to captain here.

My clan and I plan to spend a good any hours here. To Clear Skies.

~Zill
"Forever Plunging."

BilboBaguette
Uniformed Officer
Uniformed Officer

Post by BilboBaguette » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Hullo universe! I'm a part time wizard hunter and a full time baker. If you're nice to me, I'll bake you a cake. :mrgreen:

PlasticToyDinosaur
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by PlasticToyDinosaur » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Hey, call me Jen, I'm from Sweden and will surprise my better half with this one when the day comes. I like co-op games and sci-fi, so this one was a given, although my online times are not scheduled, so I tend to be restricted to playing with my partner whenever we both can. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes, already promising to boldly go where no game has gone before! Yay for that! :D
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "Pulsar: Lost Colony"

Ben
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello i'm Ben, I'm from Liverpool, UK
I'm 16 and i am currently doing ICT(double) media in 6th form. I can't wait to see new features of this game and see what the finish product is like! :)
I'm a approachable guy always happy to make friends and to help with any problems you may encounter.

EpicGamer
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by EpicGamer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello, I am Jack from Nebraska!

Edit: USA
Last edited by EpicGamer on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also know as Smitty Werbermanjensen on the ROAM forums
(for all you ROAMers out there)