Are booster programs supposed to stack?

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!

• Through a very successful extraction process I got my hands on a second Thrust Booster and was wondering if they stack.

Well, they do. So I picked up two more:

Is that supposed to be that way?

SirKnum
    Beta Tester

• So by now I've figured out that all boosters stack multiplicatively.

In my opinion you should rethink that mechanic a little. Four Barrage boosters running simultaniously already give you five times the damage output and you can recharge and run them again, if you would reach a six stack that way you are at 11 times the original damage output. This seems a little gamebreaking to me, I'd suggest a hard limit and/or changing it to be additive instead of multiplicative, e.g. instead of
    Code: Select all
    dmg_actual = dmg_base * barrage * barrage * barrage
    make it
    Code: Select all
    dmg_actual = (dmg_base * barrage) + (dmg_base * barrage) + (dmg_base * barrage)

SirKnum
    Beta Tester

• Yes, booster programs are supposed to stack. We can look into it. If it gets too out of hand or game breaking, we can adjust the math and make sure that stacks don’t get this powerful. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We’ll see what we can do.

Edinstein
    Leafy Developer

• Well, I found a limit for the highest speed you can reach, it is ~533940 m/s and then it bounces back to ~520509 m/s and then jumps between these values.

The speed is obviously not an issue since you can already outrun Swift Deathseekers with thrusters from stores but stacked Barrage and Overcharge are serious force multipliers. Anything balanced for quad Barrage with recharging would be ridiculously hard for anything but a well versed crew that knows about this, anything balanced for single or double Barrage without recharging becomes a joke for the previously mentioned well versed crew.

SirKnum
    Beta Tester

Return to Your Questions

Information