Trader supplies turnover

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
SwissyJim

Trader supplies turnover

Post by SwissyJim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:25 am

So... fairly new-ish to Pulsar, but so far I've been able to get all my questions answered here and there, but one. How often to the items at the various traders turnover? Do they fully changeover at a set rate/timeframe? Or is it sloooooow as other space wanderers come in an buy/sell stuff? I make the rounds to check them but it doesn't seem like there is much turnover. I keep hearing about some really cool things I'd love to get my hands on but I can never find them! I can only send out so many distress signals... :lol:

Mr. Morague

Re: Trader supplies turnover

Post by Mr. Morague » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 am

I do not believe they do turnover. They might, but I've never payed much attention to this. I'll try watching some shops when I get the chance to check.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Shops spawn goods at the galaxy’s creation, however they do not currently respawn or change over time. Usually, the more powerful or unique items can be found in exotic shops (marked as $ on the starmap). Some powerful weaponry can also be picked up after defeating the Keepers/Swarm or the Caustic Corsair (sector commanders marked as ! on the starmap). Hope this clarifies!

SwissyJim

Post by SwissyJim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Edinstein wrote:Shops spawn goods at the galaxy’s creation, however they do not currently respawn or change over time. Usually, the more powerful or unique items can be found in exotic shops (marked as $ on the starmap). Some powerful weaponry can also be picked up after defeating the Keepers/Swarm or the Caustic Corsair (sector commanders marked as ! on the starmap). Hope this clarifies!
Ok, good to know. I guess one suggestion I would suggest is a sloooow turnover, as if other ships were coming by and buying/selling stuff, just as we are? Imagine seeing a badass item at on of the exotics, but not having the credits. So you go rape pillage and plunder until you get the credits, go back and find it sold! Even better... a buy/sell log you can buy and find the name of the ship that purchased your wanted item so you can hunt them down! :lol:

And the Caustic Corsair? I have (had!) the Grim Cutlass, but no Caustic Corsair... only the Swarm and the Ancient Guardian. Are they random spawns, or did the Caustic dude come in a later update, as I've been playing with the Carrier now for awhile trying to level it up. Speaking of which... once the Galaxy spawns, and the Sector Commanders are in place, do they level up as we do and the Chaos increases, or will they remain the same throughout? I was hoping maybe their nice weaponry will increase in niceness...

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:08 pm

The caustic corsair is a new sector commander we added recently. I also believe most sector commanders will get slight improvements when chaos increases usually to their shield generators and reactors I think.

As for shops getting and changing out their inventory, I personally wouldn't mind seeing changes with each galaxy chaos level, it sort of acts like a unit of time for other things in the game anyways.

Hope that answers your question / clarifies!