scientist search Display

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
Divine

scientist search Display

Post by Divine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi folks.

We have a "search" display where you can get rudimentary info about a system, so what does the "SE" "TI" "UU" "GX" ?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: scientist search Display

Post by Edinstein » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Right now "SE" is a sector search. "GX" is General Information. TI and UU are more or less placeholders which don't do much right now. It's a little tricky to add information to this system, and keep it updated at the same time, so its' development has been put on hold for now. We'll be coming back to this system to really flesh it out and maybe make it more user-friendly at some point in the future.

Currently the' most useful feature is likely the SE search function, if you want to locate a specific numbered sector you can search for it and click on the magnifying glass to open up your starmap to its' location. Some ships will mention a GX ID on the scanner screen which can used to find more information on that type of ship. It's a little outdated right now though.

XkyDiver

Post by XkyDiver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I understand this system is outdated and will eventually receive an overhaul, however I would like to add one thought into the discussion:

Currently, if you visit your Tab menu and check the Missions tab, you can already click the magnifying glass where relevant to view a system on the star map. Doing so seems to get the same result as if you punched in the SE number manually in the Search tab.

However, once you have completed a mission, those SE numbers are no longer able to be found on the starmap--neither via the Tab/Missions menu nor the Search function. For example, if I find the first Artifact, that SE sector will only appear until I've located the first Artifact, and then it will cease to be on the starmap. Why is this?

Mr. Morague

Post by Mr. Morague » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 am

That is because they are mission sectors; once the mission is complete the sector is deleted, because they no longer are useful.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.