Star Citizen is going to be competition to PULSAR

Talk about other games or anything!
Jugoso

Star Citizen is going to be competition to PULSAR

Post by Jugoso » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:17 pm

I just found out that Star Citizen is going to have a multi-crew module included in their game. Which means that Star Citizen will be huge competition to PULSAR. The Multi-Crew module and PULSAR are almost essentially the same game.

The27thS
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Star Citizen is going to be competition to PULSAR

Post by The27thS » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Yes and no. Star citizen was always planned to have multicrew ships and in the long term will eventually have many of the same features as pulsar. The difference is that Pulsar will be able to implement many of these features much more quickly because it is more focused on the multicrew aspect whereas star citizen has to implement lots of other features. Eventually I believe star citizen will have large capital ships with interrelated sub systems but that is a long way off. Ultimately part of the reason we are backing pulsar is because we want more games like it to exist. If pulsar succeeds and star citizen's multiplayer ships become popular then it will create a new genre.

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Star Citizen wont has robawt foxes though. ;^; :P

But on top of that, Star Citizen is going to require a monstrosity of a computer in order to run, whereas Pulsar will be much more available.
Also, I personally want to see more scifi games where you actually get to be inside the ship. There's not many, and having more is always nice (with Pulsar I saw you could walk around in the ship and instantly said "I want dat" :P because it's not really been done much before). Obviously the walking around in the ship can't be the only thing the game has going for it, but combine that with other stuff and it becomes amazing.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

casauchi

Post by casauchi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 pm

You guys are forgetting like, the main thing;

Pulsar release is gonna be out way before SC ;) :lol:

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:16 pm

casauchi wrote:You guys are forgetting like, the main thing;

Pulsar release is gonna be out way before SC ;) :lol:
I think main thing ish robawt foxes. ;^; Cuz liek, nu other game in TEH WORLD haz robawt foxes. :V srsly :V
So Pulsar will haz so much going for it. Cuz dey be all liek "we gawt robawt foxes" and then everyone ish all liek "OH MAH GAWSH DAZ MAZING TAKE MAI MONEH *throws money at Pulsar pplz*" and yeh. Nu one will want Starcitizen after Pulsar cuz Starcitizen lacks robawt foxes. :p

And Starcitizen made it clear that they will never haz robawt foxes cuz Starcitizen is racist to synthetic life. ;^; Cuz their lore ish all liek "we nu haz synthetic life cuz it always destroyed the world" :V

Therefore Pulsar wins. :3
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

MajorMesser
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by MajorMesser » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:51 am

Star Citizen will be fun, don't get me wrong I'm probably getting it. But Pulsar is going to be roguelike, which is its own appeal.

Also, Star Citizen is the best game that will never come out. I want it, but it won't be out for a looooooooooooooooooong time.