Talk about other games or anything!
The27thS
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

What are your favorite space games?

Post by The27thS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:02 pm

One of my favorite space games is Evochron Mercenary

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000/

It's an open world space sim that allows for up to 35 players on a server. You can explore uncharted system and fly down to planets seamlessly. It has mining crafting trading dogfighting racing and lets you customize your ship.

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: What are your favorite space games?

Post by Zukaro » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:20 pm

The27thS wrote:One of my favorite space games is Evochron Mercenary

It's an open world space sim that allows for up to 35 players on a server. You can explore uncharted system and fly down to planets seamlessly. It has mining crafting trading dogfighting racing and lets you customize your ship.

I have that game, although I've never really played it. :p

I think Kerbal Space Program is one of my only favourite space games (as I haven't found that many space games (although a lot are coming out now)). I have a lot of favourite sci-fi games though. :P
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

aaaddd4747
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by aaaddd4747 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Zukaro wrote:

I think Kerbal Space Program is one of my only favourite space games (as I haven't found that many space games (although a lot are coming out now)). I have a lot of favourite sci-fi games though. :P
i have the game as well, tried playing it. but I found it SUPER hard to work the controls, when it comes to favourite space games, I quite like KSP like zukaro does, but lately ive been playing a lot of starbound with my friends, ive even started producing some (surprisingly half decent) mods! not exactly a simulation like the previous two however, but it takes place in space.. that counts, right?
ship: OFSS DERPY_PENGUIN

Chijin
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Chijin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Well, right now it is Space Engineers. Huge ships with lots of destruction. Fun! :D

And Evochron Mercenary seems to be really funny, I'll definitely try that out.

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Chijin wrote:Well, right now it is Space Engineers. Huge ships with lots of destruction. Fun! :D

And Evochron Mercenary seems to be really funny, I'll definitely try that out.
;^; Space Engineers still doesn't work on Linux. If it ever comes to Linux I'll probably play it a lot.
aaaddd4747 wrote:
Zukaro wrote:

i have the game as well, tried playing it. but I found it SUPER hard to work the controls, when it comes to favourite space games, I quite like KSP like zukaro does, but lately ive been playing a lot of starbound with my friends, ive even started producing some (surprisingly half decent) mods! not exactly a simulation like the previous two however, but it takes place in space.. that counts, right?
I don't remember much about Evochron Mercenary, but what I do remember is that I had no clue what I was doing when I tried it. :P
I have Starbound too, it's pretty fun; although I've not played it much.
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't have any space games in the sense of ship flying at the moment (excluding Pulsar obviously).

So having default to space themed I'd have to say Galactic Civilizations 2.
It's a bit like Civ 5 in space, but you actually fly out and settle multiple planets rather than simply focused on one like Beyond Earth did.
This also means though the majority of the focus is on space exploration, expanding to new systems etc so managing the planets themselves is far simpler.
It also allows you make Custom Races/Civs which is awesome! Even more so if you're willing to open the game files with notepad and do some manual editing.

Sabre651

Post by Sabre651 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:25 am

I really enjoy playing Homeworld, and the remastered version is just awesome!!
I am just rediculously in love with every space game, but star drive was a bit of a disappointment :(

Also, it's not really a game but I suppose I've gotten really into this star trek roleplaying website (I am a huge nerd and proud)
I find it really enjoyable to finish a difficult day and then just pretend to be a crew member onboard a starship. I would recommend it to anyone that is a Trekkie or - with all the recent spae simulators - are really wishing they could be on a starship.

You can check the site here if I've managed to convince anyone :p

http://www.uss-horizon.starfleetuk.org/ ... main/index