Talk about other games or anything!
Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

IBM Model M's are sooooooooo expensive on ebay ;A;

Post by Zukaro » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:23 am

;~;
IBM Model M's on ebay are so expeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive. ;A;
Even if I find one that's posted for a reasonable price, the shipping always makes it so much moneh. ;^; And then ish coming from America too, so dat means that it's gonna be even moar once it gets to Canada. ;A;

Basically, I wanna be able to get cheap mechanical keyboards :v and one would assume that something as old as the IBM Model M (it's from the 80s, yet is still a really good keyboard and a lot of them still work perfectly as a result of being mechanical) would be at least reasonably priced. ;^; Generally the listings ish reasonable, but ish all liek, shipping is often moar expensive than teh thing. ;A; So ish liek, $20 IBM Model M and shipping ish liek, $40 :V and then once it gets to Canada that'll probably be another $40 tacked onto it ;A; ;^;

Mechanical keyboards ish really nice though; I haz two (both were moar expensive than the IBM Model M would have been though :p but they're also much newer (however, they don't use buckling springs like the IBM Model M (the two mechanical keyboards I haz are the WASD v2 :p ish really nice))). But the reason I'd want an IBM Model M ish cuz ish old electronics so in theory should be cheaper. :p

The IBM Model M ish 30 years old. :V
And on ebay ish liek, most are under $60. But then the shipping is universally over $40. ;A; There's one where shipping is $100. ;~;
All I wanna do is just get old used computer parts. '~' But ish much money ;~; and I's nawt gonna spend $40 in shipping for something that costs $10 :v cuz daz stoopid; and ish nawt liek I want one for the sake of collecting them. :p I just want one cuz I want a good mechanical keyboard that's cheap. ;^; :V cuz you can never haz enough mechanical keyboards :p (I have 6 computers in mai shed thing basically :v and it would be so awesome to get mechanical keyboards for them all :p (but they're not my computers (they ish mai friend's; he just keeps them there for the game Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator))). I need to maik them work again (only two broke :p but still) so I can maik a video of them all turning on :V cuz of how I set it all up. :p But I don't wanna go in that place cuz there are spiders the size of quarters. ;~; and I ish scared of spiders ;A;

But that place has essentially turned into a dumping ground of electronics that I've found on the side of the road/at an electronics recycling drop off and then left in the hall way. :V Half of them don't work, but I could get them working. I found a plasma screen TV in teh electronics recycling place :p and all it needed wuz two new capacitors and nao it works just fine (it went into that shed thingy for Artemis :p).

'~' things are expensive
Maybe I should look for other mechanical keyboards to see if they ish cheaper; cuz if I can find ones that ship from within Canada it would beh nawt 30billion monies in shipping :V (also apparently monies is actually a real word :p BUT IT DUZ NAWT SOUND LIEK ONE :V).

*has never bought anything off ebay in mai life*
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: IBM Model M's are sooooooooo expensive on ebay ;A;

Post by GwaziMagnum » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:36 pm

3D Print one :P

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:00 pm

GwaziMagnum wrote:3D Print one :P
That's not how it works ;^;
Plus 3D printers are expensive and I don't have one. :v
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:49 am

You can 3D Print a 3D Printer but not an IBM? o.O

Well then, 3D Print a way to 3D Print an IBM in a cheap and cost effective manner. :P

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:44 am

GwaziMagnum wrote:You can 3D Print a 3D Printer but not an IBM? o.O

Well then, 3D Print a way to 3D Print an IBM in a cheap and cost effective manner. :P
I can't 3D print a 3D printer though. :v I would need one that can print metal. There are some which technically print metal, but not really. The ones which print in pure metal are supar expensive and I cannawt afford them. ;~; Although what some places do is print in wax, make a mould of the wax thing in plaster or something, and then fill that with metal; basically they 3D print the mould and then the rest is the traditional manufacturing process.

In theory I could have all the parts printed, but it would be far more expensive to do so. :V 3D printing is really best for the case as opposed to the circuitry. Of course, a PCB is printed, but the structure isn't; just the circuits. And the process of printing a PCB is different from printing a structure. :V

And in that case I might as well just design my own keyboard. :V
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Then 3D print a way in a cheap, cost effective AND easy/simple manner. :P