NPC Crew Members De-Leveling

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

NPC Crew Members De-Leveling

Post by GwaziMagnum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 pm

----------------------------
Bug Report
Game Version: Beta 16.2
Date and Time Encountered (DD/MM/YY, HH:MM (12h format)): 01/05/2017 7:02 PM EDT
Possible Conflicting Software (such as firewalls and anti-virus): AI Records?
Severity: Rather severe as you reach later in play.
Description of Bug: When you reload an old save game, or remove and re-add an AI Crewmember they will lose some of their level ups compared to the rest of the crew, leaving them several talent points before. Though since the Crew all levels up at once, they still level up just as slowly as everyone else (so no means of regaining lost Talent points).
Steps to Reproduce: Remove and add an AI squadmate. End a session and reload said session.
Possible Workaround: Use fully Human Crews.
Screenshots and/or Video:
Notes: N/A
Hardware Configuration:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
GPU: Zukaro suspect's nvidia.
RAM: 8 GB

XMAN1

Re: NPC Crew Members De-Leveling

Post by XMAN1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 pm

You reported exactly what I reported here: http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... =13&t=4034

I also think it very severe and needs to be fixed before anything else. As I said in my post, I would not recommend this game to anyone until this is fixed.

GwaziMagnum
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by GwaziMagnum » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 am

UPDATE

A few hours later when we jumped systems the game suddenly ended because "something unexpected happened". The game didn't crash, the ship just blew up. Our pilot thinks maybe we warped into something?

Anyways, we pulled our most recent autosave once that happened, and when we did so the AI's talent points were back to being the same as the rest of us.
XMAN1 wrote:You reported exactly what I reported here: http://forums.pulsarthegame.com/viewtop ... =13&t=4034

I also think it very severe and needs to be fixed before anything else. As I said in my post, I would not recommend this game to anyone until this is fixed.
I wouldn't go that far.
It's a balance concern, but the game is still plenty enjoyable with a lot of stuff to do.
Besides, it's a problem that becomes less of a problem the more human players you have in your crew.

XMAN1

Post by XMAN1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

There is a lot to do, but I would go that far as sometimes you cannot find a crew or they all want mics or some other restriction.

I will try an auto save and see if it helps.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks for the reports

We're looking into the talents / leveling issues for bots
Should be fixed soon