The Swarm shouldn't drop the Keeper Beam

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

The Swarm shouldn't drop the Keeper Beam

Post by Kersakof » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm

While this is more of a personal thing, since you can just ignore it or sell it, I think the Swarm's loot could be changed right now to something different. Even if it was just 100% drops the Swarmer Hull it has, I think that'd be better than the Keeper Beam.

My problems with the Keeper beam is that it deals too much damage, it doesn't function like the other main turrets such as recoil, it has no downsides to make you think about other ship components either. No missile turrets isn't a downside when it deals 700+ damage at base level and recharges quickly on any ship. And on a W.D. Cruiser with two weapon's talents and a crew chair, it recharges by the time it's finished firing. It's an item you have to ignore to have an enjoyable game experience, and it is too easy to acquire.

The past 3 runs I've ruined for myself by going for the keeper beam immediately. You just need fast enough thrusters, and racing thrusters do the job without compromising anything much. While I understand you're reworking sector bosses (and they're entirely optional) I do think a simple loot tweak to have the swarmer give scrap or random other components instead would be more beneficial to the game. Or similar to the Ancient Sentry, 50k credits.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: The Swarm shouldn't drop the Keeper Beam

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks for the feedback! I've made a note to discuss this with out programmer when he get's a free moment.

EngBot

Post by EngBot » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

The drawback of the keeper beam in mainly the power usage, most reactors wont handle it well (if at all), however most people seem to ignore the power usage of weapons
Breaker of all the things

Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Kersakof » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Personally I think it charges too fast even at half power. I never had issues charging the Keeper Beam. And with the current meta of +5 extinguisher, you can just keep total usage maxed and abuse everything. Especially on the W.D. Cruiser