Current Situation Update

Official Announcements are here!
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Current Situation Update

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello everyone!

Here is a quick update on what happened, what is currently happening, and what will happen in the near future!

Due to a slight misunderstanding, a number of the Keys were sent out before we had the chance to update the steam build. (Nobody's fault, that's just life!)
We were still planning on those final few hours to fix a lot of the bugs that people have reported (escaping the menu, drone instantly attacks, etc.). Once we found out about the keys being sent out early, our main priority was to then get everyone a build of the game. It didn't seem fair to us that some got to play it and others didn't. The build we sent out and updated steam with was still a few hours young, but we decided it was better than the old version on Steam.

Our current goal right now is to get everyone a build of the game and then work on patching it up! We are just finishing the email system. We have the Steam Keys ready to go, and we have a downloadable build for Windows, Mac, and Linux (Mac and Linux are early, but it's good to start the process of tweaking them now too). We have not forgotten you!

It is clear that the current build of the game is buggy. There are a number of things that are especially annoying, and we are already beginning an investigation as to why the Multiplayer is busted. We think we found the problem! (Yay!)

We have a lot planned in the next few weeks. We’re fired up to kill these bugs and move onto the interesting stuff, like adding / tweaking ship systems and screens, finishing up the ship component screen, and working on cool scenarios.

We've sent downloadable builds to Humble, so you should see that soon. Anyone who backed us from Kickstarter or PayPal should be getting an email with your Keys and download links within two hours (probably less).

We can't thank you enough for your patience and understanding. We are really lucky to have you guys, and the bug reports and feedback so far have been really great. I'm certain that the next few weeks will be really good for the game.

Best,
The Leafy Games Team

Titan
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Re: Current Situation Update

Post by Titan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks for the constant updates! This is what makes you guys a such a great development team.

Spartan322
Visionary
Visionary

Post by Spartan322 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Thank you for the estimation and can't wait so now all I have to do is wait and hope I didn't use the wrong email because me is paranoided like that
Hey look a Robot Fox

Gambiteer
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Gambiteer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date and thank you for all of your hard work!

Titan
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Titan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Spartan322 wrote:Thank you for the estimation and can't wait so now all I have to do is wait and hope I didn't use the wrong email because me is paranoided like that
If you are really *that* worried, hit reset password and see if your email gets a link.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Quick Update! The emails are being sent! Make sure to check your spam filter just in case!

Spartan322
Visionary
Visionary

Post by Spartan322 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Titan wrote:
Spartan322 wrote:Thank you for the estimation and can't wait so now all I have to do is wait and hope I didn't use the wrong email because me is paranoided like that
If you are really *that* worried, hit reset password and see if your email gets a link.
No I am pretty sure it is the right email, my only issue is I just have that black cloud of darkness in my head saying your failed to do something right. Anyone else get what I am sayin.
Hey look a Robot Fox

KevMscotland
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by KevMscotland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Well just got the Kickstarter update email ( not the key yet ) so if you received that fine then you should at least know everything's in good working order. ;)

casauchi

Post by casauchi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

KevMscotland wrote:Well just got the Kickstarter update email ( not the key yet ) so if you received that fine then you should at least know everything's in good working order. ;)
yeah I received that, and I got excited! then I realized it was a project update :/

Zukaro
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Post by Zukaro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 pm

:D
I GAWT MAI KEEEEEEEEEY

Nao to test diz stuff out on teh LINUX. :3 :p

And thankies for all the updates and everything. :3 And good luck on fixing all the millions of bugs we will discover. :P
Zukaro Travon
Robotic Fox