Issue: can't give NPC players custom weapons

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
Shaftoe

Issue: can't give NPC players custom weapons

Post by Shaftoe » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Not a bug, but still... So far, I haven't found a way to give my NPCs weapons I want them to use.

CalicoJack

Re: Issue: can't give NPC players custom weapons

Post by CalicoJack » Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 am

Shaftoe wrote:Not a bug, but still... So far, I haven't found a way to give my NPCs weapons I want them to use.
go into the lockers before spawning AI and put the gear in there you want them to use - you can remove any +0 tools or weapons if you don't trust the AI but they're quite good about taking better stuff - then spawn them in.

You can keep AI appearance and equipment from being random by using the AI save function - this will make an AI save file for all roles

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Wed May 16, 2018 8:29 am

CalicoJack wrote:
Shaftoe wrote:Not a bug, but still... So far, I haven't found a way to give my NPCs weapons I want them to use.
go into the lockers before spawning AI and put the gear in there you want them to use - you can remove any +0 tools or weapons if you don't trust the AI but they're quite good about taking better stuff - then spawn them in.

You can keep AI appearance and equipment from being random by using the AI save function - this will make an AI save file for all roles
For some reason, in a game with real people, bots don't take guns from their lockers, IF THOSE GUNS WERE PREVOUSLY IN POSSESSION OF HUMAN PLAYERS. However, after I restart the game, bots take their guns normally.

It feels like it's bugged. I wish we had a way to give some equipment to bots and other players directly, not using lockers.

CalicoJack

Post by CalicoJack » Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 pm

You can drop stuff from your inventory onto the ground (space allowing) by selecting the item tnen "Discard" ("Unequip" first if you have it on the hotbar). This won't help you with bots but real players it means you won't have to visit their locker.

Shaftoe

Post by Shaftoe » Sat May 19, 2018 3:05 pm

CalicoJack wrote:You can drop stuff from your inventory onto the ground (space allowing) by selecting the item tnen "Discard" ("Unequip" first if you have it on the hotbar). This won't help you with bots but real players it means you won't have to visit their locker.
I think I explicitly stated that my issue is with bots, not players.

CalicoJack

Post by CalicoJack » Sun May 20, 2018 5:17 am

Shaftoe wrote:
CalicoJack wrote:You can drop stuff from your inventory onto the ground (space allowing) by selecting the item tnen "Discard" ("Unequip" first if you have it on the hotbar). This won't help you with bots but real players it means you won't have to visit their locker.
I think I explicitly stated that my issue is with bots, not players.

I was implicitly stating playing with players would solve your issue but given your reply I can imagine crew chat on your ship. GL and HF.

cptslog
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by cptslog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks for the reports

More control over bot equipment / weapons is on the list, hope to get it in soon!