Make internal ship navigation indicators optional

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
CalicoJack

Make internal ship navigation indicators optional

Post by CalicoJack » Thu May 31, 2018 6:35 pm

I understand why they were added but could they be a toggleable option?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Make internal ship navigation indicators optional

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 pm

We're sorry to hear that you're not keen on the interior ship signs. Unfortunately, it's a bit tricky to make it a setting, and we're not inclined to do so since making settings for lots of little features isn't very productive for us. But if they're standing out too much, we could potentially look into making them less noticeable. Is there something in particular that you don't like about them?

CalicoJack

Post by CalicoJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:28 pm

There are a couple of reasons why I asked .

The first is to do with the challenge and in a way realism. I find boarding a lot of fun and having to learn the best ways around ships is part of that - the same way that learning any game level is part of the challenge and the fun. As to realism, I don't feel ships being boarded would be handing out tourist advice to interlopers. Historically speaking towns and villages that were in areas where they would likely be looted, intentionally had maze like street plans.

The second is the fact I've been playing the game for a few years. As I say I understand why someone new to the game would welcome the indicators and I don't want to come across as a bitter old vet who hates anything new, but they feel like handholding I don't need .

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:07 pm

We'll consider taking another look at ship signs, perhaps adding a setting to disable them like you suggested or toning them down. I can't say exactly when we'll address it, but we'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the input!