Door interfaces, ability to manually lock/unlock doors

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Shaftoe

Door interfaces, ability to manually lock/unlock doors

Post by Shaftoe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 am

Credit to Frogman and his original suggestion, which I slightly changed...

"You could add a security system for invaders on your ship. For an example the Gunner gets the rank "Security Chief" or something like that and can now close emergency security doors which can not be opened by everybody (the captain and the security chief only maybe). To balance this you could make them destructible and after destroying them they need to be repaired from the engineer which needs some resources (may be scrap to make a use out of scrap) or money."

I like that "security doors" idea! I think it can be done in an easier way, though... just add open/close interface to every valuable door, so only the ship's crew will be able to open it. However, both AI and players should be able to hack into door interface, so it will not be able to hold hostiles indefinitely. However, that will at least give players a minute or so to finish an enemy ship off, or to prepare.

Why this idea is so important? Because enemy AI boarders are lethal (they move in a very unrealistic, unnatural and unexpected way, shoot with pin-point accuracy and foreknow where to look for players), so there definitely should be something to AT LEAST delay them.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Door interfaces, ability to manually lock/unlock doors

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:43 pm

This is a neat idea, but we can't make any guarantees that we'll add it at this time. Thank you for the suggestions though!