MMOG version?

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Post Reply
User avatar
ant
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:22 am
Location: An Ant Farm
Contact:

MMOG version?

Post by ant » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:14 pm

It would be great if PLC game could have a MMOG version where everyone plays in the same or connected servers as a whole big universe. I know some people prefer private servers, but that should be optional. Maybe their own official servers connect to the master servers?

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 985
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: MMOG version?

Post by Edinstein » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm

That would be awesome, but it's very far outside the scope of the project! We're a small team and if we want to make sure we finish the project, we can't bite off more than we can chew!

Hope that clarifies!

User avatar
ant
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:22 am
Location: An Ant Farm
Contact:

Re: MMOG version?

Post by ant » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm
That would be awesome, but it's very far outside the scope of the project! We're a small team and if we want to make sure we finish the project, we can't bite off more than we can chew!

Hope that clarifies!
Ha. It doesn't seem like it will ever finish. It keeps growing forever. ;)

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 985
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: MMOG version?

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 am

ant wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Edinstein wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm
That would be awesome, but it's very far outside the scope of the project! We're a small team and if we want to make sure we finish the project, we can't bite off more than we can chew!

Hope that clarifies!
Ha. It doesn't seem like it will ever finish. It keeps growing forever. ;)
We're actually pretty close to finalizing the ship mechanics! After that, our time will mostly be spent on creating the rest of the game content and polish! We're planning on releasing an updated road-map pretty soon.

User avatar
ant
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:22 am
Location: An Ant Farm
Contact:

Re: MMOG version?

Post by ant » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 am
ant wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Edinstein wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm
That would be awesome, but it's very far outside the scope of the project! We're a small team and if we want to make sure we finish the project, we can't bite off more than we can chew!

Hope that clarifies!
Ha. It doesn't seem like it will ever finish. It keeps growing forever. ;)
We're actually pretty close to finalizing the ship mechanics! After that, our time will mostly be spent on creating the rest of the game content and polish! We're planning on releasing an updated road-map pretty soon.
What do you mean by ship mechanics? Like its functions?

User avatar
Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer
Posts: 985
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: MMOG version?

Post by Edinstein » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 am

ant wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:41 pm
Edinstein wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 am
ant wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Ha. It doesn't seem like it will ever finish. It keeps growing forever. ;)
We're actually pretty close to finalizing the ship mechanics! After that, our time will mostly be spent on creating the rest of the game content and polish! We're planning on releasing an updated road-map pretty soon.
What do you mean by ship mechanics? Like its functions?
Ship mechanics are systems like the status screen, teleport screen, ship claiming, various piloting and camera modes, reactor screen, auxiliary reactor screen, jump computer screen, coolant screen, fuel, distress signals, reactor core safety / meltdown, ship startup sequence, ship computer, virus screen, Atrium system, ship turrets, nuclear devices, ship components, galaxy starmap, personal inventory, persistent ship data, seamless warp travel, ship programs, ExoSuits, ship-to-ship combat, ship hailing / diplomacy / intimidation / extortion, AI priority system, component extraction / ship salvaging, contraband, blind jump, faction reputation system, ship flagging, hidden cargo and ship inspections, sensor dish, ship cloaking, item and component upgraders.

Hope that clarifies!

User avatar
ant
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:22 am
Location: An Ant Farm
Contact:

Re: MMOG version?

Post by ant » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Edinstein wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 am
ant wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:41 pm
Edinstein wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 am


We're actually pretty close to finalizing the ship mechanics! After that, our time will mostly be spent on creating the rest of the game content and polish! We're planning on releasing an updated road-map pretty soon.
What do you mean by ship mechanics? Like its functions?
Ship mechanics are systems like the status screen, teleport screen, ship claiming, various piloting and camera modes, reactor screen, auxiliary reactor screen, jump computer screen, coolant screen, fuel, distress signals, reactor core safety / meltdown, ship startup sequence, ship computer, virus screen, Atrium system, ship turrets, nuclear devices, ship components, galaxy starmap, personal inventory, persistent ship data, seamless warp travel, ship programs, ExoSuits, ship-to-ship combat, ship hailing / diplomacy / intimidation / extortion, AI priority system, component extraction / ship salvaging, contraband, blind jump, faction reputation system, ship flagging, hidden cargo and ship inspections, sensor dish, ship cloaking, item and component upgraders.

Hope that clarifies!
Thanks. :)

Post Reply