Devlog #76: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-HxPSej8w
Beta 19.2 is out now! This update contains a bit more than changes and fixes; we’ve added a few new systems which you can learn more about in the devlog or by reading further!
This update adds two new ship stations: the Installed Component Upgrader and the Item Upgrader. These systems can usually be found in the engineering room and weapons area respectively. We’ve also added a new resource: Processed Scrap, which can be collected from pieces of scrap and used to upgrade components and items.
To use the item upgrading station, equip the item you want upgraded, and press R. Then find someone who has the Item Upgrader Operator talent to perform the upgrade for you. You can also add this talent yourself, but the weapons specialist and the captain start the game with the talent already installed.
Important notes about the Item Upgrader:
- The maximum level an item can reach by upgrading is 5.
- Anyone can place their item on the station, but only a crewmember with the talent can perform the upgrade.
- The Scanner cannot currently be upgraded.
- Your ship does not need to be in a sector with a repair depot, you can upgrade items anywhere.
Important notes about the Installed Component Upgrader:
- To upgrade a ship component you must be in a sector with a repair depot.
- The maximum level to which you can upgrade a component is 10.
- Certain components are inherently better than others, so keep that in mind when deciding to upgrade. For example: a level 3 Adelaide Thruster is still less powerful than a level 1 Racing Thruster.
- Certain components (like programs and viruses) cannot be upgraded.
- Currently certain ship processors do not improve when upgraded.
- This ship system cannot be used to upgrade components in the cargo area.
- You must have the appropriate talent in order to perform the upgrade.
-New System: Process Scrap - Players with the Item or Component Upgrader Operator talents can process scrap by holding R next to the object. You’ll need to succeed at a small timing obstacle to succeed (release ‘R’ when the bar reaches the middle white line). You can fail up to three times per jump before you are prevented from processing any more scrap.
- New Ship System: Installed Component Upgrader - Found in the engineering sections of each ship, this station uses processed scrap to increase the levels of certain installed ship components.
-New Ship System: Item Upgrader - Usually found near the weapons area on each ship, this station uses processed scrap to increase the levels of most equipable items.
-New Talent: Item Upgrader Operator
-New Talent: Component Upgrader Operator
-New Captain Notifications: Item Upgraded, Component Upgraded, Crewmember Processed Scrap
-Ship component shops at Outpost 448 and WD HQ have doubled their selection of components
-Neutral reputation will no longer affect shop prices in neutral stores (including exotic shops)
-Sensor object has been added to the “Too close to star” blind jump scenario. This should help communicate to players that it’s a dangerous sector.
-Larger groups of Scout Drones are less likely to appear in sectors
-The Captain talent “Advanced Training” is replaced with “Heavy Armor Training”: a talent that boosts the crewmembers’ individual armor ratings
-Fixed a linux keyboard input issue that caused repeated characters when typing
-Fixed a linux input issue that caused stuttering player movement
-Fixed an issue that could potentially damage players interacting with the Starmap
-Fixed an issue involving jetpacking and player movement being disabled while the Starmap was open
-Fixed an animation issue found at The Estate
-Fixed a geometry seam found on the Roland
-Fixed an issue with the Fluffy Biscuit robots not selling items on the FB automated Trading stations
-“The Trader” NPC found near a destroyed satellite relay now functions as a normal shop as well
-Fixed an issue that prevented certain bots from talking at the general automated trading stations
-Fixed the Heal Grenade explosion effect. It should now heal players correctly
-Fixed a ship hailing issue that could cause networking problems in certain situations
Thank you for your time!
The Leafy Games Team