Mission: Hunt for the Resolution, How to Complete?

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
Bonzo

Mission: Hunt for the Resolution, How to Complete?

Post by Bonzo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 am

I apologise if this has already been discussed elsewhere, I did a search but nothing came up.

Basically my friends and I are new to the game having recently bought it in the Steam sale. We have been playing through the outlaw and stolen medical supplies missions given out at Outpost 448 and have gotten to the one where it's revealed it's actually a Colonial Union vessel, the USS Resolution, that has been attacking the convoys and selling the supplies and we are tasked with hunting them down.

However, once we reach the system in which the Resolution is hiding it's... friendly? We try and hail the ship to initiate combat but we just get the standard dialog you always get from other CU vessels. So... We open fire, but then we lose standing with the union and become flagged for firing upon a friendly ship?!

Is there a way to complete this mission without incurring a reputation penalty? (Considering that it was the union that gave us the mission, unless it's all part of an elaborate set up!) Or is there a way of forcing a ship to fire upon us without having to fire first?

Or is this mission still just a work in progress and we should skip it?

Thanks.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Mission: Hunt for the Resolution, How to Complete?

Post by Edinstein » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Hey Bonzo!

Thanks for the report, I believe that specific ship may not be properly setup to be "flagged". We'll look into it and try to have a fix for Beta 19.3.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience!