Help me figure out this scenario

Discussion about PULSAR: Lost Colony including talking about factions, classes, ship systems, playstyles, etc.
Blackbart

Help me figure out this scenario

Post by Blackbart » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Maybe I just haven't played enough or it was an actual bug.

Crew of 5, entered a sector and a ship pleaded for us to let it go. We did not let it go and blew it out of space.
Our shields never dipped below 50%. But when we destroyed their ship, their entire crew boarded/spawned ours without us realizing and just straight up killed us.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Help me figure out this scenario

Post by Edinstein » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Your quantum shields may have been down!

I copied some information from a previous post I made below:

Quantum Shields are part of the normal shields but prevent enemies from teleporting to your ship. The shield generator component contains a "Min For QT Shields" percentage which illustrates when your quantum shields will no longer function.

For example: The C.G.F. Light Shield Generator has a Min For QT Shields value of 75%. This means that when the shields are lower than 75% enemies will be able to board your ship.

The lower the value, the better. Hope that helps!

You can also see if your quantum shields are offline by checking on Ship Status Screen!

We hope to make enemies boarding your ship clearer in the future and may also add an additional restriction to boarding. Hope this clarifies!