Any plans for in-hub fighting?

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
TheDTYP

Any plans for in-hub fighting?

Post by TheDTYP » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:30 pm

I've been playing the game with my buddy recently after a LONG time of being away and I was exploring Cornelia Station and talking to the people there. One of them was like "Don't take a wrong turn" or something along those lines and I was wondering, are there any plans for enemies in the hubs? Like a group of criminals you stumble upon, say the wrong thing, and get into a gunfight with? Or maybe the patrolmen come after you if you break laws or something? Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, I'm no game designer, but I think it would work wonders in immersing people into the world instead of feeling completely safe at places like Cornelia Station and The Estate and stuff like that.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Any plans for in-hub fighting?

Post by Edinstein » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 am

There is a group of enemies in Cornelia Station that you can access as part of a Grey Huntsman mission! Besides that, it would be interesting to have more dynamic guards or thugs. Hubs are some of the biggest levels we have in the game right now, so a system with dynamic guards/thugs would have to be very efficient or it could slow down game performance. It's not on our plans right now, but I agree that it'd be pretty neat to have!