Age Appropriate Rating?

Ask your burning questions about PULSAR: Lost Colony here!
bruce.myers

Age Appropriate Rating?

Post by bruce.myers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:10 am

Hi Guys, I'm investigating the game for my sons (11 and 9 years old). Is there anything in the game that would be inappropriate for them to engage with?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Age Appropriate Rating?

Post by Edinstein » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am

Hey! In general I'd say it would be for teenagers. It has sci-fi violence with ships attacking one another, some of these visuals could be pretty intense for a younger audience. Players often shoot enemies with guns, and while we don't show lots of blood or gore there are a few places in the game with corpses and some blood splatters.

There is also use of alcohol and I believe the worst word we use is "bastard" a few times in dialogue. As with any online game interacting with other players is unpredictable, we've added a simple bad word filter which is on by default but it can't catch everything.

Hope that clarifies!

Mr. Morague

Post by Mr. Morague » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Don’t forget; one of the main factions massively supports crime, with actions including but not limited to breaking and entering, manslaughter, smuggling, hit-and-runs, black market trading, sabotage, etc. And another of the main faction supports sweatshops and sticking it to the authorities. And finally, don’t trust the biscuits. All in all, sounds like wholesome family fun to me.

-Oh and just a couple giant bugs.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.

bruce.myers

Post by bruce.myers » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:45 am

Thanks heaps for the response. This is helpful in deciding how to proceed. The game looks cool - but needed to be sure before proceeding. Will chat with my wife.