Galaxy map should show visited systems

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Venom

Galaxy map should show visited systems

Post by Venom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am

Right now you can search a system on the science station to see if you've been to a system. No problems with that.

It would be nice to see that reflected on the galaxy map. Maybe something like changing the shape from a diamond to another shape? That way you could easily see which systems you've been to at a glance.

Also including some more information on planets when you look them up in the computer would be nice.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Galaxy map should show visited systems

Post by Edinstein » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Hey Venom!

Thanks for the suggestions! I could certainly see a way to track visited sectors on the starmap and your solution to that is pretty neat. I'll bring it up to the rest of the team.

We have plans to spend some time on the search system at some point in development, fleshing out the GX database especially. Is there something you're hoping for specifically with the planet descriptions?

Venom

Post by Venom » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:50 am

Maybe something like a short description of the planet and its features.

"Volcanic world with a mining station. (Hazardous Environment)"
"C.U. Farming world"
"Desert Planet. (Hazardous Lifeforms)"
"Wasteland planet with many derelict space crashes. (Acidic Environment)"

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:36 am

I see, we do have information like that if you view the planet on your sensor screen, but I can see the argument for having it available in the computer too.

Mr n
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Mr n » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Venom wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am
It would be nice to see that reflected on the galaxy map. Maybe something like changing the shape from a diamond to another shape? That way you could easily see which systems you've been to at a glance.
This is an absolutely great idea.

If there was a possibility of "pinging" the map by other players (i.e. show an animated circle of a fixed size in the colour of my role where my cursor is to other players currently watching the map), it would make it even easier to help new Captains navigate the game.