Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist's components scale with Chaos level

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Kersakof
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist's components scale with Chaos level

Post by Kersakof » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am

While playing the game, I noticed that when I board the Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist at later difficulties (and naturally claim them) I am at the point at Chaos 6.0 where they do not do damage to my shields. Of course The Alchemist has a different effect, but the overall issue is that their damage does not increase.

I'm not exactly a fan of bullet sponges in other games, and usually the answer to difficulty is to increase HP and damage. However, just increasing HP here (in the case of Shields for the Grim Cutlass, for example) makes them end games ships people swap to since they have upsides like a level 11 Shield or such.

I'm not saying the Grim Cutlass should have a level 11 main turret, but boarding the ship and it has a level 1 main turret and a level 11 shield generator seems bizarre to me. I'd understand something like level 5-6 main turret and level 11 shields, since a ship living longer means it'll dish out more damage. But as it is, the Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist do not pose as much of a threat and I think the only thing they need to be a challenge is damage at the moment.

I'm not a code wizard and know if Chaos makes the components upgrade or not, but I feel like it does when I kill things are higher difficulties. I feel like this would help make the end game content more impactful as well, since if people don't rush the Grim Cutlass, they have this powerful enemy that fights as well as they do at the end game.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist's components scale with Chaos level

Post by Edinstein » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:13 pm

The Grim Cutlass and Alchemist should have scaling turrets in the next update! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Chaos does indeed boost enemy ship component levels. Back in the day, we put restrictions on the Grim Cutlass's and Alchemist's weapons to avoid players getting their hands on overpowered weapons, but component levels and upgrading have changed a lot since then, so these ships needed a touch up. We appreciate the feedback!

EngBot

Re: Grim Cutlass and The Alchemist's components scale with Chaos level

Post by EngBot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Kill us!

The sector commanders should be living hell of their own creation, I expect to have to learn or die.

also, the keepers are basically jump rope with lasers
Breaker of all the things