Fixes to AI targeting for the fight with The Source in the Wasted Wing

Please come here to inform us of new and interesting bugs so we can hunt them down and destroy them! Pics and videos demonstrating these bugs are also welcome!
John Nada

Fixes to AI targeting for the fight with The Source in the Wasted Wing

Post by John Nada » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 am

Hello devs,

I reported that issue, so when I saw the fixes I tried my save stuck at this mission and It still doesn't actually work.

At first they fight back, but a while after they stop doing anything, despite Defend Self (Planet) was the main priority.

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Re: Fixes to AI targeting for the fight with The Source in the Wasted Wing

Post by Edinstein » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 pm

I just tested this again and it appears to be working on our side.

The initial bug we found was that when they sometimes appear next to the captain (When close to captain is on) they sometimes don't assign themselves to be in the correct interior.

So while the cinematic assigns them to be in the correct interior when they die, respawn and make their way back to the captain they weren't being assigned the correct interior leading them to incorrectly believe there aren't any enemies around.

We believe we fixed this issue so now when they die they can reassign the correct interior when meeting up with the captain again. We also increased the range at which they will attack enemies they have a line of sight to.

My suggestion would be, make sure you're on Beta 21.8, and that they are not just running out of ammo. Try resetting to the default AI priorities (and making sure the Close to Captain command is active), and if those options don't seem to help, you can email us your save and we might be able to track down the issue from that.

Thanks for the report!

John Nada

Post by John Nada » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks for helping, it's very kind. My client is on 21.8.

It's no more an issue for me as I gave them a +5 weapon. It was so more easy that way, but I finished the Source by myself because they taken a break again. I recorded that.

I'm using "Captain in Different Area" to trigger "Close to Captain", So when I leave the ship they follow me without doing anything. Then "On Hostile Ship" and "On Planet Surface" keep them on "Close to Captain". It can eventually be override by "Defend Self" when enemy is on line of sight.

My guess its maybe the ammo. As we don't have ammo I didn't think of that. How can I know they running out of ammo? Maybe can you add a red icon for that on the left of health bar? I didn't set the "Get Ammo" as we cannot change the percent value of "Ammo Left" override. By the way this is feature or bug?

Edinstein
Leafy Developer
Leafy Developer

Post by Edinstein » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:53 pm

This is a bug, since the actual event override in this case has a X in its name (Ammo Left < X%). I'll pass this along to the programmer, nice catch!