Rework ship cloak system

Have an idea or suggestion for PULSAR: Lost Colony? Post it here!
Kristalium

Rework ship cloak system

Post by Kristalium » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 am

There a lot of items in game that give you low signature, but what their point if you just can turn on cloak and reduce signatures to 0 no matter how loud your components are?
Stealth for A.O.G.now is too easy.I think if you really want be invisible for enemy, you shouldn't be able to use Roland reactor, ludicrous jump and any other modules like that.

So, my offer is rework cloak like it works on sylvassi crewmember, and make it recharge like a usual programm.

Mr. Morague

Re: Rework ship cloak system

Post by Mr. Morague » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 pm

-There aren’t really many things that give you low signature without any drawbacks. The Dark/Ludicrous drive take large amounts of energy with low program recharge, with the Ludicrous actually having a pretty high signature as well.

-Cloak is currently limited to two ships, of which on is dedicated to stealth and the other to gaining salvaged components.

-Cloak does take time to charge up, up to 15 seconds min I believe. All the while, it has a significant drain on your reactors, of which your base reactor can barely maintain it without basically shutting everything else off.

-Getting too close or the enemy ship firing a probe in your direction makes both forms of stealth null. (Ship cloak and low EM)

-FIRING A WEAPON DISABLES CLOAK AND MAKES IT HAVE TO GO THROUGH A FULL RECHARGE AGAIN.
Unidentifiable Wall of Text detected.